Dating mn Rochester
Wrestling Observer Rewind ★ June 13, 1988
2020.11.19 17:29 SaintRidley Wrestling Observer Rewind ★ June 13, 1988
Going through old issues of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter and posting highlights in my own words, continuing in the footsteps of daprice82. For anyone interested, I highly recommend signing up for the actual site at f4wonline and checking out the full archives. • PREVIOUS •
FUTURE YEARS ARCHIVE:
The Complete Observer Rewind Archive by daprice82
Watch: Big Boss Man makes his WWF tv debut
- The WWF is the source of most of the news this week, and the first major thing is the Superstars taping on June 1. Dave was in Oakland and gives a full recap of the show. They had 12,120 in attendance (around 9,000 paid) and a gate around $110,000. Dave compliments the show’s atmosphere and WWF’s commitment to putting on a show, even if their style has some drawbacks. He does say that for an arena show, 29 matches is normally way too many, but since it was a tv taping, you know what you’re getting yourself into. Everyone who complains about modern tv tapings, be glad you weren’t going to these. They managed a good pace overall and kept the entire taping under 4 hours (last year’s taping in San Francisco was nearly 5 hours and had fans booing everyone in the last hour because they just wanted to see Hogan and get their money’s worth before leaving). Anyway, if you know 1980s Dave, you know his first major complaint is always going to be about unannounced changes to the advertised card. All during their tv hype for this, they were pushing Honkytonk vs. Beefcake with Jimmy Hart banned from the building. They forgot about that last bit and Jimmy was there. Then they talked about how the next show in town, Jimmy would be banned from the building. They also advertised free t-shirts to all fans in attendance, and they didn’t come through on that. Dave thinks it’s a real swing and a miss - 12,000 fans all wearing a Randy Savage t-shirt would have been a remarkable sight and been really effective. Anyway, Dave thinks most were pretty happy with the show as a whole.
- I’m not going to go through everything on this taping, because Dave seriously covers all 29 matches, but here are some highlights and even that’s a lot. Dave gives a Brady Boone vs. Steve Lombardi dark match 3.25 stars. WWF is now doing all announcing from their studio in Connecticut, so no live announcing in the arena or even intros for each hour of the taping, which makes it hard to tell what’s going to be on what week’s show. That said, this did help things along in terms of speed. They had Slick do an interview introducing the Big Boss Man, and because they didn’t really work to change his look, he got some chants of “Bubba, Bubba” from those who recognized him. Dave takes the time to comment on Warrior’s utter lack of conditioning, as he was winded before he could even finish his entrance and could barely beat his chest. He says it’s a real statement to call anyone a worse worker than Andre the Giant right now, but Warrior has him beat by a mile. Bossman’s tv debut match was against Louie Spicoli. He squashed Spicoli in about a minute or so, then cuffed him to the ropes and beat him with his nightstick. The Hart Foundation has reunited as a face team and kicked Jimmy Hart to the curb. Rick Rude has a lot of heat thanks to the angle with Jake Roberts, and Dave can’t remember the last time a heel was so universally hated. At most he had a dozen women cheering for him, while everyone else was against him. Don Muraco “chased” Jimmy Hart to the back in an angle clearly setting him and Greg Valentine up for a feud and potentially writing Billy Graham off as a manager, but Jimmy ran so much faster that he beat him to the back by a mile and a guy behind Dave joked that Jimmy Hart is the best athlete on the show. The Rockers re-debuted for WWF and have made it two days with the company, doubling their previous record for WWF tenure. Dave thinks Michaels and Janetty are exactly what WWF needs: a babyface tag team with a rock and roll gimmick (WWF has never done that before, while other promotions have overdone it) and they got a good reaction. Dave makes an ill-advised comparison between Beefcake being over big in the area because he’s billed from San Francisco to “taking pride in living in the AIDS capital of the world.” I think we can expect letters about that in the coming weeks. Badnews Brown is doing a thing with the raising a black gloved hand in the air and Dave thinks it would have been really over if this were 1969, but it’s about 20 years too late to really strike that iron effectively and Dave jokes that you’d think Verne Gagne came up with that one until you realize he only just learned last year that baseball broke the color barrier. Dave compliments Rude again and says he’s such a good heel that Dave doesn’t even like watching him. By hour 3, fans were catching on with the Bossman’s gimmick and it was getting some good heat. The Hart Foundation’s first face match saw them beat a face jobber team and wrestle like heels while playing to the crowd like faces. The crowd was a bit confused, but Dave thinks faces who wrestle like heels could get over well once the crowd shakes off the classical conditioning. He especially compliments Bret’s fake knee injury as the best thing on the card and best sell of a fake knee injury he’s ever seen in WWF. Fans started leaving after the 26th match on the show and by the time the DiBiase vs. Savage (with Elizabeth) match happened, there were fewer than 7,000 left (and under 4,000 left by the finish). Dave quips that they probably left after seeing what Liz was wearing. Sure, Dave.
- Electronic Media Magazine wrote a pretty frank kayfabe-breaking note in their May 23 issue, and they predict Ted DiBiase as the next WWF champ. They say:
While sports prognostication is normally a risky business, the scenario of who becomes the World Wrestling Federation’s champ is scripted out months in advance. It’s based on the popularity of the wrestler, not his record, according to the results each performer inspires in WWF’s multimillion dollar merchandising sales. Based on that criteria, insiders are laying odds that the next WWF champion will be “Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase. But look for Hulk Hogan to reclaim the crown in a matter of months.
Watch: Hector Guerrero lies, cheats, and steals
- Anyway, Dave gives his thoughts on this prediction. Dave figures Hogan’s a draw with or without the belt, so he’ll probably be paired with Bossman and Andre for the fall while Savage needs the belt right now to remain a draw. He’s reminded of New Japan 1983, where everyone assumed the boom from January to August was due to Inoki and without him things would stall out, and the same would be the case for WWF this summer without Hogan. New Japan didn’t stall and that eventually led to the split that created the original UWF. WWF doesn’t have to worry about anything like that happening, but it’s conceivable that WWF continuing fine without Hogan could reduce Hogan’s pull because the company would know they can weather through without him. So Dave thinks, given that and how far behind the NWA is, that keeping the belt on Savage for the time being (provided he still remains able to draw) is the smart move. Ultimately, when Savage loses the belt comes down to Hogan’s ego and whether Hogan feels he needs the belt and if he’ll demand it when he returns, if he’ll have patience, or if he’ll leave the company if he can’t just call his shots. If Savage does stop drawing, by all means transition to DiBiase then Hogan, but right now Savage is working as an attraction and it’s best to work in such a way where you can have two of those (Hogan and Savage) rather than only just one. It may even be better to have Savage as champion since Hogan only works weekends and tv, rather than the full schedule like Savage does.
- WWF is also expanding their schedule again beginning on July 7. They’ll be running a fourth touring group to hit small towns they used to consider too small to be worth going to and do charity shows. Dave interprets this as WWF’s attempt to deliver a killing blow to the other promotions that are currently run pretty ragged. The charity shows, for instance, are most probably designed to be able to snipe charity deals from smaller promotions because WWF will be able to offer a more lucrative product in place of, say, a charity show run by Ron Fuller. It also opens roster spots up for WWF, which means plenty of room to hire disaffected NWA guys.
- Finally, on to something not WWF: Chigusa Nagayo appears to be preparing to retire from All Japan Women. The promotion is planning a huge show in a baseball stadium to commemorate her retirement. Chigusa is easily the most popular and highest paid woman wrestler in the history of the business, and she’s only 23. The implications for All Japan Women are huge. They just had three other key retirements recently, including Devil Masami, Dump Matsumoto, and Yukari Omori. For big draws from their golden era of 1984-86, they only have Lioness Asuka left, and her popularity is significantly down from its 1985 peak. Surprisingly, it looks like AJW wants her gone just as much as she wants to be gone. Maybe she’s outgrown the company and become difficult to deal with, maybe the promotion doesn’t feel they need her enough that they need to submit to her demands. There’s also the fact that since she has had her peak popularity, the promotion is worried that keeping her as the main attraction will make the promotion look bad for being centered around a fading star (Dave gives examples like Dusty in the NWA, Inoki in New Japan, the original Sheik in Detroit, the Von Erichs in WCCW, Lawler in Memphis, etc.). Just as the Beauty Pair (Nancy Kumi and Jackie Sato) and Mimi Hagiwara gave way to the Crush Girls (Lioness Asuka and Chigusa Nagayo), so too must the Crush Girls give way to the next big stars, and AJW seems to want Yumiko Hotta and Mitsuko Nishiwaki to be the next major stars.
- Chigusa leaving will be a big blow to AJW for a long while, but if they can get these new wrestlers over, they can build up again. The company and Chigusa both know that she can’t be on top forever and she has nowhere to go but down from being the top star of the women’s wrestling industry. Chigusa has numerous options available to her. She has a clothing company, can use her celebrity to do game shows, and could even gather wrestlers together and start her own promotion, as some of the speculation suggests. Dave spends a bit of time describing Japanese teen idol culture and concludes that it’s very fun to follow how it all works and how it intersects with wrestling. Anyway, this is all a bit premature and a false alarm (the part about Chigusa retiring - all the implications of what would happen upon her retirement is super interesting and important to consider). Chigusa will do a tour in the U.S. and Canada later this year and will return to AJW in the fall, before retiring for the first time in 1989 (she’ll unretire in 1993.
- The June issue of Washington Monthly has a piece on commission regulation of pro wrestling. Mostly it kind of laughs at how wrestling is regulated currently. It’s written by the same guy who wrote the Penthouse piece on the Von Erichs that’s in development hell. That’s tentatively scheduled for the September issue now, by the way.
- There were three shows in Oregon last weekend: Owen, Haynes, and McMahon. Haynes put on his championship tournament final and won that in front of a crowd, while Owen did a kids get in free gimmick and had Buddy Rose vs. the Assassin in a bullrope match to main event. WWF, however, drew their biggest crowd ever in Oregon on May 30, getting 7,500 people (Hogan never even cracked 5,000 in Portland).
- Also, the advertised Hennig vs. DeBeers AWA title match in Salem Oregon on May 19 did not happen, as expected. Hennig was no longer champion and didn’t even show up, so they made a battle royal the main event. Matt Borne won. DeBeers claimed in an promo that “Verne Gagne has put economic sanctions on me.”
- The IWGP Title is currently held up because of silliness involving Riki Choshu. The main event on May 27 was originally supposed to be Fujinami defending against Seiji Sakaguchi, but Riki Choshu complained and got inserted as challenger instead. The finish to the match, which to be clear was obviously a work due to the fact that Fujinami took his boot off, involved the ring breaking and Fujinami “spraining” his ankle. So Choshu attacks the ankle, Fujinami removes his boot and tries to fight on, but they stop the match and rule it a no contest. Choshu says that since it was an accident, he didn’t want to win the title that way, so the belt is held up until the June 24 show in Osaka.
- Owen Hart also won the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight title on the same night. He’ll likely drop the title before the end of the tour, but he is scheduled for another tour in late August, which throws a wrench in Dave’s understanding of any plans he has vis a vis WWF.
- Adrian Adonis is being cheered in New Japan. He was a big star here several years back and the fans still remember him. He’s definitely put on a lot of weight since those days, though, so the fans have also been pretty shocked by his physique.
- Steve Williams is probably not going back to New Japan any time ever. He’s skipped out on too many tours and they weren’t happy about that.
- UWF has announced their June 11 card. They’ve got Maeda vs. Takada in the main event and Kazuo Yamazaki vs. Norman Smiley. The show is already sold out (7,000 seats at a price of $28/ticket = $106,000). All Japan has a show in the same building a week earlier and tickets are selling slowly. UWF is trying to get Bob Backlund in against Maeda for their December show, but that’s conditional on getting Backlund to do the job. Good news from the future: Backlund will be on the show. We’ll get into the details and how plans change down the line.
- Devil Masami came out of retirement for JWP’s May 28 show. JWP was going to fold on May 29, but they managed to draw 4,000 fans and are going to do occasional spot shows from here on out. Dave says those shows will be “promoted by the local mob” and that may or may not be snark, I’m honestly not sure.
- No real news from All Japan Women beyond the Chigusa Nagayo situation. Retirement rumors are swirling, and Leilani Kai beat her in a non-title match on May 28, so it might be that they’re prepping Kai as her retirement match.
- The lineup for the second NWA Clash of Champions has changed. Barry Windham will now be wrestling Brad Armstrong in what’s sure to be a fantastic match if it’s given time. TBS’s press release about the show gave Dusty the biggest bio (no surprise) which called him “one of the two biggest stars in professional wrestling today, along with Ric Flair.” Dave notes that Windham’s bio calls him the “frequent tag team partner of Lex Luger,” so obviously these are a touch dated. Clash shows are set for September 7 and December 7 as well.
- [NWA] Jimmy Garvin did a great promo on the June 4 TBS show. He admitted he’s married to Precious and really heated up the rivalry with Kevin Sullivan. Dave thinks it’s no coincidence they’re doing this at the same time as Rick Rude is feuding with Jake Roberts over Jake’s wife. It’s a formula that gets over big.
- NWA is putting a lot of hype into Luger vs. Flair at the Great American Bash, and it’s getting lots of buzz among fans. Most people Dave talks to think they might even put the title on Luger. Nothing’s certain yet, but they’re definitely doing good work in the build here.
- [WWF] Islander Tama (Sam Fatu, aka Tonga Kid) has quit WWF. That leaves the islanders as Siva Afi and Haku, which really sucks because Tama and Haku worked really well together and Siva is… not great. Dave’s heard two stories here. One is that he was upset with his Wrestlemania paycheck and the other is that he was upset with how Sika was let go and the rest of the family put pressure on him to follow suit.
- [WWF] At the Rochester, MN tapings on May 11, Vince apparently gave a speech about the evils of steroids. According to the speech, being on tv will make you larger than life and you won’t need steroids because you’re on tv. This all stems from an employee in some auditorium finding a needle and leftover steroids backstage after a WWF show and accidentally getting stuck by the needle and freaking out about potentially getting AIDS. Remember, kids, don’t share needles.
- Terry Taylor is coming to the WWF to work as a babyface. I think he’s too chicken to try being a WWF heel.
- There’s talk of WWF doing a feud between Cheryl Roberts and Raven. No, not Scott Levy. Cheryl is, of course, Jake Roberts’ wife. Raven is Rick Rude’s valet, played by his sister Nancy.
- TV in Memphis to set up the June 6 Hennig vs. Lawler match was really hot. They had Hennig in studio making fun of a local car dealer and attacking him, then later demanding Lawler come out and when Lawler didn’t come out he destroyed the studio. Lawler only came out when Hennig threatened to beat the shit out of Lance Russell if Lawler didn’t come out by the count of 10. Of course, they kind of undercut some of the tension by having the Toyota dealer promise to refund the fans if Lawler doesn’t win on June 6.
- WCCW’s Memorial Day card in Fort Worth drew roughly 1,500 (5,000 claimed on tv). That’s the biggest crowd they’ve had in a long time. Plans for Lawler to come work with Kerry Von Erich appear to be shelved - he’s coming in on June 17-19, but he’ll be working with Terry Taylor and Iceman King Parsons instead.
- Makhan Singh is a heel and currently feuding with Kerry Brown in Stampede, but appears to be developing a cult following. He’s doing well on promos and he’s doing color commentary with Ed Whalen and a lot of folks feel like his work on the desk has significantly improved the show. So he’s developing a fanbase that quite likely will cheer for him. Can you believe that this guy winds up being Bastion Booger?
- Dave gives a June 1 Continental match between Tom Prichard and Tony Anthony 4 stars. It was a 9 minute first blood match and Prichard bled first, but Danny Davis wiped the blood off him to keep the referee none the wiser.
- In USA Wrestling, Doug Furnas almost won the Tennessee championship from Buddy Landel in a tv match, but Guerrero shenanigans kept the gold off him. Furnas won clean, but Hector Guerrero slipped a foreign object into Furnas’s trunks and told the ref, who reversed the decision promptly upon discovering the weapon. Guess we can see where Eddie got his ideas from.
Watch: Otto Wanz vs. Andre the Giant, December 1987
- Over in Europe, Otto Wanz still reigns supreme. Scott Hall is over there right now working for him, and Wanz is defending his version of the world title against Bruiser Brody on July 9. Apparently he got Andre the Giant back in January and Andre did a job for him too. Well, it was December, and it was by countout, but yes.
Watch: Ric Flair’s thoughts on being an old man in a young man’s game and retirement
- AWA is looking for a new booker. They fired Wahoo McDaniel and Ray Stevens for running their own independent show in Virginia without telling AWA about it. Just in case you thought Vince was the first promoter to not like his guys running their own shows.
- Windy City Wrestling is holding a show on July 16 at DePaul University and they’re hoping to get Brody in to wrestle Nord the Barbarian in a cage match. Brody is already booked that weekend, though, so if he doesn’t come, it’s because he’ll be in Puerto Rico. He really should have picked Chicago that weekend.
- There’s a really fascinating letter about the western Pennsylvania wrestling scene from the 1950s and into the 70s. They used to get tv from the International Amphithetre in Chicago featuring guys like Thesz, Gagne, Buddy Rogers, the Lisowskis, and others and the letter writer wonders if anyone still has the old film of those matches sitting on a shelf somewhere. They did, and there’s a youtube channel dedicated to all this old wrestling: The Chicago Film Archive. Anyway, by the late 50s, tv wrestling in Pittsburgh got taken over by a live studio show from Philadelphia every Saturday, but it wasn’t very good and then another promoter took over the tv there and you had guys like Waldo Von Erich, the Tolos Brothers, Ilio DePaolo, and others. Soon after, Toots Mondt (an associate of Vince McMahon Sr.) started romoting in the area and brought in the best of the NWA at the time - Argentina Rocca, Buddy Rogers, the Kangaroos, Haystacks Calhoun, Sweet Daddy Siki, and a young Bruno Sammartino. But the biggest star was the Crusher (Reggie Lisowski), who started heel and became even bigger when he turned face, and in his later years they tried turning him heel again to go against Bruno, but the feud died because his appeal was gone and turning him heel was a mistake (this is weirdly reminiscent of Steve Austin’s trajectory and the mistake of his heel turn, it feels like). When Bruno became the champ, that was shortly after WWWF broke off the NWA and the local shows started to die off as he went on tour, but the big shows still did well and there was still a surge of excitement and popularity. Big monthly shows in the local arena did well, but rarely sold out. Things went bad when Bruno dropped the title to Ivan Koloff and wrestling interest dropped significantly and it wasn’t until Bruno got the title back that things interest started rising again. It’s really remarkable how important a figure Bruno was in the western Pennsylvania scene at the time.
- A writer asks Dave if he thinks Flair should consider jumping to WWF, and Dave responds. He says there’s a bigger chance of it happening now than at any previous point (not that he’s saying Flair will jump, just that the circumstances are most favorable to a jump right now), and that does make it an interesting question. If they wanted to, they could go all in on Flair and he’d be a big draw. But because Flair’s synonymous with the NWA, there’s a lot of ways they could sabotage that because of the egos at play and the need to show that they’ve been better than the NWA all along (see WWE and anything remotely WCW in the past 19 years). And some of the reasons they might convince themselves Flair wouldn’t get over with their audience are even valid: Flair thrives in long matches and WWF doesn’t really do those. He’s pushing 40, and that’s pretty old (ha!). So yeah, if Flair were to be the top of the card in WWF, that would feel to some like an admission that the NWA is on par with the WWF, and that won’t sit well with some of the suits with big egos. But at Flair’s age, a run with WWF to make the big bucks and work shorter matches is likely to have some appeal - he’s an old man in a young man’s game, and he’s got to know that. Well, let’s look at what Ric Flair had to say about the idea of being too old to do it and retirement, about 20 years later.
NEXT WEEK: NWA Blows Clash II advertising, Clash II review, Bodyslam movie review, Brother love coming to WWF, Summerslam announced, and more
- Another letter asks Dave for some more information on his sources for the OWF debut and the World Class Texas Stadium show. Basically, some quibbles about attendance in the former, including asking for clarification on what Dave meant when he said the crowd had “a higher class of fan, similar to a WWF crowd.” In the case of the World Class stuff, the writer straight up disagrees on the quality of the latter and asks Dave to be more positive about WCCW for the sake of the business. Dave goes ahead and answers the challenge. He names the source for his claim on the “higher class of fan,” which he meant in terms of socioeconomic class: Mike Rodgers, who publishes the major newsletter on the region called Ring Around the Northwest. Rodgers has been following wrestling in the area enough to know what kinds of crowds different promotions draw in the area and Dave stands by Mike’s assessment. As for World Class, Dave had 21 letters from those who attended the show and all but four (and those four include this letter Dave is responding to) considered the show subpar, and Dave makes sure to clarify that he didn’t call it subpar, but that he reported fan reception as indicating it was subpar. Dave even called a contact who knows the regulars for WCCW’s shows in the area after getting this letter and asked him what people generally thought, and that contact also reported general disappointment. As to being more positive about WCCW, Dave gives credit where due (he was very positive on Michael Hayes as a booker), but the promotion is showing no signs of a turnaround. It’s loads better than it was when Fritz was still in charge, but they’re still flubbing basic business in so many ways and making terrible booking choices and Dave can’t just give them a pass for that. There’s also some stuff about WWF in here where the writer calls WWF fans idiots and claims nobody intelligent would pay to go to a WWF show, and Dave mentions that he has paid to go to WWF shows and finds them enjoyable as a social outing with friends, even if he’s not interested in their wrestling enough to go on his own. So yeah. Mostly included the stuff on this letter because it’s a peek behind the curtain of Dave’s contacts and how he gauged fan reactions back in the day.
- Also, Percy Pringle is playing face and holding the mic for interviews on World Class tv now. Dave says his facial expressions are hilarious, and I’m demanding we get a Percy Pringle facial reactions subreddit and simp account like the Alexa Bliss one asap.
submitted by SaintRidley
to SquaredCircle [link] [comments]
2020.11.19 08:23 Angurce1 What you are looking for is..... (Link in the Desc.)1
2020.10.28 10:18 climatechaosbot The high in Rochester, MN, was only 30 F on Tuesday, which broke the record for the lowest daytime temperature for the date of 33 F from 1967. Conditions won't be quite as cold but will still remain unseasonably chilly through the end of the week: https://t.co/IuOspvLxJH https://t.co/aaxUO4r5Vo
2020.08.30 21:42 criooosphinx Extremely Sudden Death in my 7.5 Year Old Healthy Cat
This morning my 7 and a half year old flame point siamese cat Harley died very suddenly in my arms. He did this weird jerk thing, so I set him down, and then he huffed for a few seconds, and simply died. I'm not going to go on about how much I loved him, because if I even start thinking about him I'm going to sob. He was my baby. He has a brother from the same litter named Winston, and this question concerns both of them, (asking about cause of death) and also could it happen to Winston?
The information asked for was
- Species: cat
- Age: 7.5 Years
- Sex/Neuter status: Male, neutered (both of them)
- Breed: Flame Point Siamese
- Body weight: 10.5 lbs for Harley, 12.5 for Winston (Winston is just a larger cat in general, theyre both about the same proportionally, Win is just larger)
- History: Adopted the pair from a rescue about 2 years ago, they had never had any health issues before this, and came from the same litter. We had a problem where Harley kept marking his territory, but ended up solving it with some calming medication of some sort and some scratching posts where he would spray, which seemed to take care of things.
- Clinical signs: None. Absolutely none. Harley had always been this little bundle of joy, never really moving on from the kitten-like phase of constant playfulness. I watch them like a hawk because they're little trouble makers, but also because I really, really care about them. They were my little babies. I feel like I would have absolutely noticed any change in behavior, symptoms, or anything of the sort. But at this point I feel like I very well could have missed something, because nothing I can find online talks about sudden death with absolutely no symptoms. His behavior didn't change at all in the past few weeks, playful and cuddly as ever. We had taken them to the vet once or twice, and the vet found them very normal and healthy. The only thing I can possibly think of is we weighed both of them about a month ago and they had each lost a half a pound from the last time we weighed them a few months prior, but we chalked this up to the higher tension in the household due to COVID and all of us having to work from home now.
- Duration: Approximately 30 seconds. I was holding him, rubbing his belly like he always loved, then he did this weird jerky thing that wasn't normal for him, so I set him down. He lay there still, and made this huffing/wheezing noise, and then, he was gone. That was it.
- Location: Southeast Minnesota, the hospital we went to for checkups was VCA Cascade Animal Medical Center and Inn in Rochester Mn.
- No test results/anything of the sort. All vet reports were that they were healthy as ever. They both had their vaccinations up to date.
So, now to analyze. We already buried him this morning out in our backyard, so a necropsy isn't possible, nor viable for our current situation with COVID and such. Doing some research the closest thing I could find was HCM, but the only symptoms that matched up were the sudden death and slight weight loss. However, other than that, I really couldn't see it being anything else.
My main questions are:
- What could have caused this?
- Since they're littermates, how possible is it that Winston also has this?
- What do I do?
I also really, really want to help Winston through the loss of his brother any way I possibly can. He was unfortunately very close by when his brother passed away suddenly, and came up and sniffed him for a moment before running off. So far today, he seems needier than ever, (he is an EXTREMELY needy cat to begin with, very sweet and cuddly, and very vocal about his desire for attention constantly), running between my mom, my dad, and I, yelling about and purring his little heart out whenever we pet him. He's sitting on my mom right now, asleep. He seems fine, if needier than ever. Does this mean he's not yet understood that his brother is gone, or is he trying to comfort us as best as he can?
Any and all help is extremely appreciated, thank you so much.
submitted by criooosphinx
to AskVet [link] [comments]
2020.08.29 18:18 IdolA29Augl New G-ay On-line Da-ting Too Ma-ny
2020.08.29 18:06 HaulA29Augl Me-et G-ay With Da-ting Po-rtal Usa
2020.08.29 18:05 HaulA29Augl Ne-w G-ay in Da-ting Generous
2020.08.27 09:39 HauntedSpy SKs you never might've heard of: The USA
Greetings. For a long while now, I've been compiling and continue to compile a long list of SKs (convicted and suspected) across the world, which have yet to receive an article on Wikipedia. I haven't run a countdown, but I do believe it might count in the triple digits by now. Anyway, today I decided to share one individual SK for each US state and territory, with a little information and a linked article/source to their crimes. I hope you find this information as fascinating as I do. Let us begin. ALABAMA: Curtis Grantham (1988; 3 victims)
Murdered two women in Phenix City, burying them in a wooded area in Seale. Later confessed to the October murder of 32-year-old Dawn Ball, previously thought to be a victim of Christopher Wilder. Sentenced to life imprisonment. ALASKA: Gary Zieger (1971-1973; 6+ victims)
Doubling as a member of a motorcycle gang who was paid to kill people, Zieger is also thought to be responsible for murdering at least three female hitchhikers around Anchorage. The true extents of his crimes remains unclear, and he himself was murdered along the Seward Highway in 1973. AMERICAN SAMOA: None to my knowledge ARIZONA: Michael Carlson (2003-2009; 3-9 victims)
Shot dead his sister in Tucson in 2003, and later murdered a couple in Marana. Confessed to 9 murders in total, but his other victims, if there are any, haven't been found. Sentenced to death. ARKANSAS: Randy Gay (1978-2011; 3 victims)
Murdered his father-in-law in 1978, served time and released. Murdered his father in 1991, released again. And finally, murdered a woman and dumped her body at Ouachita National Forest in 2011. Sentenced to death. CALIFORNIA: Pittsburg serial killer (1998-1999; 4 victims)
Within a two-month period, four young women were killed in this little, tightly-knit community. It is believed that it's a work of a serial offender, and the Pittsburg police are searching for clues to catch him. Unidentified. COLORADO: Ronald Lee White (1987-1988; 3-16 victims)
Murdered roommate and two other men in disputes/robberies, mostly surrounding Pueblo. Later confessed that he has killed 16 victims in total. Authorities believe that at least four cold cases around the state could be tied to him. Sentenced to life imprisonment. CONNECTICUT: Zackery Cody Franklin (2007-2011; 4 victims)
Murdered four men around New Haven for mostly robbery purposes. Originally convicted for two homicides, later connected to the other two. Sentenced to life imprisonment. D.C.: Greg Brice (1994-1996; 4 victims)
Shot two men in two separate instances for personal disputes. Escaped confinement in December 1995, and a few months later, murdered two men. Recaptured, and sentenced to long imprisonment terms. DELAWARE: James Gordy (unknown-1897; 1-4 victims)
Battered his wife to death with an oar in 1897; suspected in the suspicious deaths of his father, ex-wife and their child. Executed in Georgetown in 1897. FLORIDA: Leon Holston (1964-1966; 4 victims)
Murdered four young boys in Pompano Beach, while he himself was still a teenager. Sentenced to death, commuted to life imprisonment. GEORGIA: John Robinson (unknown-1901; 1-6 victims)
Known as "The Colored Ripper", he was executed for the strangulation murder of a young black woman in Laurens County, whose body he viciously mutilated after. Five other similar murders were suspected to be his doing, but never proven. Executed in Dublin in 1902. GUAM: None to my knowledge HAWAII: Robert Mark Edwards (1986-1994; 2+ victims)
Convicted of raping, robbing and murdering two female realtors, one in Los Alamitos, CA, and the other in Kihei, HI. The gap between his crimes, and their severity, leads me to believe he might have other victims, likely in California. Sentenced to death in California and life imprisonment in Hawaii. IDAHO: Gerald Pizzuto (1985; 4 victims)
Murdered a woman and a man in Seattle, WA during robberies. Later moved to Boise, ID, where he murdered a couple in a remote cabin. Sentenced to death in Idaho. ILLINOIS: Michael A. Johnson, Jr. (2008-2010; 4 victims)
Rapist who abused and murderd young women in Chicago. It's peculiar to note that he strangled them with a deformed right hand, which was missing three fingers. Sentenced to life imprisonment. INDIANA: Anna Cunningham (1918-1922; 5 victims)
Poisoned her family members with arsenic in Gary. Sentenced to life imprisonment for one murder, but later paroled for unspecified reasons. Died a free woman in 1945. IOWA: Donald Piper (1993-1998; 2-4 victims)
Hotel maintenance chief who stabbed and strangled two women in Des Moines, and is suspected of another two similar killings during that time period. Sentenced to life imprisonment. KANSAS: Mary Troy (1909; 3+ victims)
Murdered at least three children in Topeka, all of whom were entrusted in her care. Possibly responsible for half a dozen similar deaths. Fate unknown. KENTUCKY: Michael Abner (1983-2010; 3 victims)
Following his arrest for the stabbing death of an elderly man in Pulaski County, he confessed to two cold cases involving strangulation of old women, in 1983 and 1988. Sentenced to life imprisonment. LOUISIANA: Edward Augustine (2007-2011; 3 victims)
Involved in a fatal car crash while driving a stolen vehicle in New Orleans, charges dismissed. Later, he and another man killed two men in Jefferson Parish. Rearrested and serving a 40-year prison term. MAINE: Constance Fisher (1954-1966; 6 victims)
Mentally-ill woman who drowned six children, three each on two separate occassions, in Waterville. Confined to a mental hospital, but managed to escape and later drowned herself in the Kennebec River in 1973. MARYLAND: Patrick McCullough (1980-2001; 3 victims)
Deaf man who murdered two employers (1980 and 1982) in Annapolis, and later his girlfriend in Waldorf (2001). After killing her, he shot himself through the head. MASSACHUSETTS: John Monteiro (2007-2010; 3 victims)
Rhode Island man who murdered a man in Brockton in July 2007, and later shot a brother and sister to death. Sentenced to life imprisonment. MICHIGAN: Paul Harrington (1975-1999; 5 victims)
Former Detroit police officer who shot his ex-wife and two children in 1975; sent to mental institution and released after two years. After living a relatively peaceful life for many years, he was fired from his job and stopped taking his medication, leading to him killing his new wife and son in 1999. Sentenced to life imprisonment. MINNESOTA: David Torgerson (1969-1973; 6+ victims)
Murdered two Minneapolis women in 1969 on separate occassions, and later on, his wife, two children and the babysitter in Rochester. Suspected of more murders since the 1950s. Hanged himself before trial for killing his family. MISSISSIPPI: Columbus elderly murderer (1996-1998; 4-5 victims)
In two years, five elderly people were murdered in Columbus. Three years ago, DNA evidence snatched a man named David Solomon Murray, from Pine Bluff, AR, as the killer of one of the victims, but we're yet to see if he's responsible for the others. Unresolved case. MISSOURI: John Wesley Robinson (1896-1913; 3 victims)
Strangled a woman in St. Louis and later buried her corpse under the floorboards. Arrested, served 11 years and released. In 1913, he murdered his wife (April 11th) and his stepdaughter (May 17th), dismembering each body and burning the remains in the stove or burying them. Executed in Kansas City in 1915. MONTANA: Ah Yung (unknown-1883; 1-17)
Chinese immigrant who murdered a paymaster in Missoula. Authorities suspected he killed a total of seventeen people (two white men and fifteen Chinese), but not much information is available about them. Executed in Missoula in 1883. NEBRASKA: Clarence Victor (1964-1988; 3 victims)
Mentally-disabled man who murdered an elderly woman in her Omaha home. Had previous convictions for manslaughter and murder, in 1964 and 1976, respectively. Died in prison. NEVADA: Norman Flowers (2005; 3 victims)
Las Vegas rapist who killed the daughter of a former girlfriend in March. Two months later, in the span of eight hours, he raped and strangled two women with a telephone cord. Sentenced to life imprisonment. NEW HAMPSHIRE: Craig Conkey (1991-1994; 3 victims)
Killed two women in Lexington, MA, in 1992 and 1994. In 2012, admitted to fatally stabbing a New Hampshire university employee in 1991. Sentenced to life imprisonment. NEW JERSEY: Shiquan Bellamy (2010; 5 victims)
Between February and April, murdered three men and a couple in Jersey City during robberies and an attempted carjacking. Sentenced to life imprisonment. NEW MEXICO: Clifton Bloomfield (2005-2008; 5 victims)
Murdered five people around the state, including a couple. In 2018, he was aided in a prison escape by a guard, but was recaptured. Sentenced to life imprisonment. NEW YORK: Dmitriy Yakovlev (2003-2007; 3 victims)
Russian immigrant who, together with his wife, killed three other Russian emigrants in Brooklyn so he could steal their possessions and bank cards, which he later sold off. Sentenced to life imprisonment. NORTH CAROLINA: Herman Allen (1930-1942; 4 victims)
First murdered a boarder in his Johnston County home because he believed he was having an affair with his wife. Convicted of manslaughter and released 11 years later, still believing that people were oogling after his wife, he shot to death his wife, brother-in-law and a man he believed to have been courting her. Executed in 1942. NORTH DAKOTA: Floyd Tapson (1987-1996; 0-3+ victims)
Suspected, but not convicted, in killing disabled women at group homes, two in MN (Moorhead and Wadena) and one in Grand Forks. Possibly responsible for similar murders in Baltimore, MD. Sentenced to 75 years for kidnapping in Montana. NORTHERN MARIANA ISLANDS: None to my knowledge OHIO: Oliver Crook Haugh (1890s-1905; 3-5+ victims)
Doctor who murdered his parents and brother in Dayton, and was tied to at least two further murders of concubines in Lorraine and Chicago, IL. Many patients of his, spanning across multiple states dating back to 1890s, died in mysterious circumstances as well. He was also a childhood bully to none other than Wilbur Wright, of the Wright Brothers fame. Executed in 1907. OKLAHOMA: Wayne Garrison (1972-1989; 3 victims)
Vicious killer of two toddlers (1972 and 1974) and a 13-year-old Tulsa boy in 1989, whose dismembered remains were found in a lake. His 1970s killings were done while he was still a child. Sentenced to death. OREGON: William Perry Jackson (1980s; 5+ victims)
Murdered and robbed people around Portland, sometimes with accomplices. Escaped prison with a convicted bank robber, but later recaptured. Suspect in as many as 30 murders in Oregon and Washington State. Sentenced to life imprisonment. PENNSYLVANIA: Jermaine Burgess (2008: 2+ victims)
Career criminal who robbed and murdered two elderly women in Ridley Township and Upper Darby (October 27th and November 10th, respectively). Authorities believe he has committed other murders as well. Sentenced to life imprisonment. PUERTO RICO: Ángel Colón Maldonado (1985-1987; 27 victims)
Known as "The Angel of the Bachelors", he lured men for sexual favors, and after he was given various luxurious items, he killed his lovers. Fled to the continental states, but was quickly recaptured. Sentenced to life imprisonment. RHODE ISLAND: Jeffrey Mailhot (2003-2004; 3 victims)
Known as "The Rhode Island Ripper", he strangled and then dismembered three prostitutes in his hometown of Woonsocket. Sentenced to life imprisonment. SOUTH CAROLINA: Joseph Ernest Atkins (1969-1986; 3 victims)
Shot his brother in North Charleston in 1969. Sentenced to life imprisonment, but his father pleaded for his release, and he was paroled in 1980. Six years later, as an act of gratitude, he shot his father and a 13-year-old neighbor on October 27, 1986. Executed in 1999. SOUTH DAKOTA: Rapid City Creek Drownings (1998-2000; 0-11+ victims)
Suspicious deaths of homeless men in Rapid City, six of whom were Native Americans. They stopped just as mysteriously as they began, and authorities believe that they were possibly murdered by a serial offender who might've moved away, presumably to Denver, CO. Unsolved. TENNESSEE: Michael Mullins (1999-2012; 3+ victims)
Career criminal and serial rapist who beat and strangled elderly women in Memphis. Strong possibility of additional murders and assaults committed by him. Sentenced to life imprisonment. TEXAS: Tommy Lee Stewart (1971-1986; 3 victims)
Abducted and killed a woman in Waco in 1971. Released from prison in 1986 and moved to Port Arthur, where he later murdered a mother and child. Sentenced to life imprisonment. U.S. Virgin Islands: St. Croix Voodoo Poisonings (1984-1988; 5 victims)
Five people were poisoned in St. Croix with cyanide, in what appears to be ritualistic slayings. Police suspect a conman, posing as an 'obeah man' (a type of shaman), to be behind the murders. Unsolved. UTAH: Thomas Noffsinger (1989-1990; 3 victims)
Strangled and raped two women two months apart in Millcreek and Sandy, and later stabbed a Salt Lake City chef to death in 1990. Sentenced to life imprisonment. VERMONT: Gary Lee Schaefer (1979-1983; 3+ victims)
Springfield automechanic who raped and strangled three girls in his hometown. At one time suspected to be responsible for other murders, but this hasn't been proven so far. Sentenced to life imprisonment. VIRGINIA: Walter Cotton and Brandt O'Grady (1898-1900; in the dozens, couldn't determine exact number)
An unlikely pair considering the time period (black man and Irish immigrant) who robbed and murdered people around the state, mostly around Emporia. Both were lynched at Greensville by an angry mob in 1900. WASHINGTON: Donna Perry (1990; 3 victims)
Known as "The .22 Caliber Killer", who killed three prostitutes in Seattle between February and March 1990. Interestingly, Perry is one of the few known transsexual SKs on record, committing the murders when she still identified as a man. Sentenced to life imprisonment. WEST VIRGINIA: Joseph Eisele (1867; 3 victims)
German/Swiss immigrant known as 'The Parkersburg Murderer' who murdered three fellow immigrants for robbery purposes across the state between June and December. Interestingly, another self-confessed SK, Thomas D. Carr
, admitted to being his accomplice in one murder, but this was unsubstantiated. Executed in Parkersburg in 1868. WISCONSIN: Alvin Taylor (1985-1988; 4 victims)
Nightclub singer who murdered three men in Dunn and Eau Claire Counties, as well as one in the state of Minnesota. Sentenced to psychiatric treatment. WYOMING: Rawlins Rodeo Murders (1974; 4 victims)
Over the summer, four young girls disappeared from rodeos in the small town of Rawlins. Only one body was found nine years later in Sinclair, while the others remain missing and are presumed dead. Royal Russell Long, a convicted kidnapper additionally suspected of killing two Oklahoma girls in the 1980s, is the prime suspect, although some theorize Ted Bundy might've been involved. Unsolved.
submitted by HauntedSpy
to serialkillers [link] [comments]
2020.08.21 22:39 DannyG72 (Not Official Yet): Dorm Move-In delayed two weeks, All Classes online for at least two weeks*
New email from the president
: This proposal is subject to the Board’s review and approval.
I've cut out parts that don't affect the Twin Cities campus or that are filler. Think of this as your TLDR. See the whole email linked above for all details.
For Duluth, Rochester, and the Twin Cities: Move-in dates for University housing on all three campuses are postponed for at least two weeks ... Students who plan to live in University residence halls or apartments will soon receive more information from the relevant office on your campus.
If University housing is your safest and best option, or if you are an international student with no other housing option, we will work with you to ensure you have a place to stay on campus.
Duluth, Rochester, and Twin Cities housing will remain open to students facing these challenges, much as it has for a small number of students during the spring and summer terms. Students should contact the housing office on their campus with concerns.
Undergraduate courses for all three campuses will proceed as scheduled, but will be wholly online for at least two weeks with some limited exceptions.
Prior to the start of the semester, students will be informed by their professors about how courses will change, if at all. After the Regents meeting next week, please contact your advisor or student success coach if you have questions or concerns about your schedule.
Graduate and professional students will continue with their schedule as communicated previously by their programs.
The population density of both groups of students is much less than undergraduates, providing a higher degree of protection from transmission. Please reach out to your advisor after next week’s Board meeting for more information. Remember to follow all applicable campus guidelines on facial coverings, physical distancing, and other personal hygiene measures to reduce viral transmission.
International students with questions about requirements to maintain lawful status pursuant to their visa should contact International Student and Scholar Services.
Students living off-campus on these three campuses should limit time on campus, if possible, to academic and personal health resources (e.g. libraries, Wifi connections, student wellness centers, etc.) and follow public health guidance about large gatherings, physical distancing, facial coverings, and basic precautions like hand-washing.
As you evaluate the impact of this news on your off-campus move-in plans, we draw your attention to this guidance from the MDH to help you stay safe and reduce pandemic spread. You are a key part of our ability to move ahead and we are counting on you. On all campuses:
Student employees can and should continue to report for work unless otherwise directed by their manager.
Faculty, researchers, and staff that have already been approved to be on campus through the Sunrise Plan can continue with their work. Any additional requests to return to campus should be made only if doing so is required to complete work. All other faculty and staff should continue working from home.
We will present this proposal to the Board of Regents and it is subject to their approval, but we wanted to be transparent about our thinking and maximize everyone’s ability to adjust. You can watch Monday’s meeting online. I will follow up with you when we have an approved plan in place.
Thank you for your patience. Please stay healthy, safe, and well.
With warmest wishes,
Once again, none of this is finalized yet and this is an abridged and edited version of the email by me
. Please see the entire email for all details. As the email says: "This proposal is subject to the Board’s review and approval.
" Original email from the president
submitted by DannyG72
to uofmn [link] [comments]
2020.08.09 02:56 Bromeister [FS][US-NY] HPE G2 24U Rack, 2x R620, extras
timestamps EDIT: It's a 22U rack not a 24U rack $1000 $800 OBO for the lot, want it all gone.
Rochester, NY area. Local pickup only.
You will need a pickup and a friend to be able to transport the rack. HPE G2 22U Rack
SOLD $350 local
* leveling kit + tiedowns * keys
2x r620 - $450 OBO (still available 10/4) * NO cpu, ram, drives included * 2x heatsinks * 2x 495w PSU * network daughter card G8RPD - 2x10GBASE-T+2x1G * iDRAC Express * H710p * sliding rails * cable management arm * 1x power cable * bezel + key * retention tab for raid card is broken (i don't see how it would ever be an issue, fit is tight) * 2x oem dell 2.5 trays * 6x blanks * server shipping box
(the idracs are currently licensed with idrac Enterprise via a different service tag, please specify if you would like this reverted to stock, this can also be completed by you at a later date and is fairly simple to do)
below is free with purchase of both servers if wanted e5-2640 2x h710p mini 1x cable mgmt arm 0F506C + static support tray (no other parts) 1x cable mgmt arm 0VTR4R, missing left side rail clip and idrac light extender cable mechmarket rep /hardwareswap rep heatware
submitted by Bromeister
to homelabsales [link] [comments]
2020.07.17 19:09 fastinserter White House Coronavirus Task Force Report: Minnesota
Minnesota in a White House document (that apparently was leaked as it was not officially published) has been put in the "yellow zone" category on coronavirus. Almost all states are either "yellow" or "red" (18 are red). MN starts on page 162 of the report found here: https://publicintegrity.org/health/coronavirus-and-inequality/exclusive-white-house-document-shows-18-states-in-coronavirus-red-zone-covid-19/
The summary for Minnestoa includes
Minnesota is in the yellow zone for both cases, with 56 new cases per 100,000 population last week, and for test positivity with a rate of Test positivity has risen by with most increases around the Twin Cities area.
Cases have been gradually rising since mid-June although hospitalizations have not, to date.
The following three counties had the highest number of new cases over the past 3 weeks: 1. Hennepin County, 2. Ramsey County, and 3. Dakota County. These counties represent 47.1 percent of new cases in Minnesota.
Minnesota had 56 new cases per 100,000 population in the past week, compared to a national average of 119 per 100,000.
Among the recommendations by the White House Coronavirus Task Force specific to Minnesota:
Ensure that all business retailers and personal services require masks and can safely social distance.
Ensure compliance with current Minnesota StaySafe Plan occupancy restrictions.
Consider further limitations on occupancy or closure of certain businesses (bars, restaurants) dependent on changes in local reported cases this week.
Support local masking requirements that are being instituted and consider a statewide requirement for counties with rapidly increasing case counts.
Among the recommendation by the Task Force for counties in yellow zone for public officials:
• Limit gyms to 25% occupancy and close bars until percent positive rates are under 3%; create outdoor dining opportunities with pedestrian areas
• Limit social gatherings to 25 people or fewer
• Institute routine weekly testing of all workers in assisted living and long-term care facilities. Require masks for all staff and prohibit visitors
• Ensure that all business retailers and personal services require masks and can safely social distance
And finally, the recommendations by the task force for individuals:
• Wear a mask at all times outside the home and maintain physical distance
• Limit social gatherings to 25 people or fewer
• Do not go to bars or nightclubs
• Use take out, outdoor dining or indoor dining when strict social distancing can be maintained
• Protect anyone with serious medical conditions at home by social distancing at home and using high levels of personal hygiene
• Reduce your public interactions and activities to 50% of your normal activity
So the question is, will our leaders in Minnesota go with these recommendations? It seems as though the recommendation is to close bars and institute masks, and scale back gatherings to no more than 25 people in one space, at least
in counties in the "yellow" zone and above (28 counties, centered around the localities of MSP, Mankato, Rochester, St. Cloud, Austin, Marshall, Albert Lea, Wothington, Willmar, and New Ulm).
We do not have anything in the "red" zone yet, of which much more stringent recommendations ought be put in place (mask all times outside of home, <10 gatherings, gyms close, etc). I think going with the recommendations now could help stave off having to basically lockdown everything again.
submitted by fastinserter
to CoronavirusMN [link] [comments]
2020.06.10 05:27 pillowpwner Need help with girlfriend, 3rd DUI
3rd DUI yesterday
Like the title says, yesterday I was arrested for a 3rd DUI. I balled my eyes out the whole time. My two previous dui’s were in 2014 and 2016 before dating my current girlfriend (F29). We’ve been dating for 10 months. I am a 29 yo male. It was really hard for me to tell her, she would always try to help me with my drinking problem, but if I ever had a few drinks I would once and awhile drive but I wouldn’t tell her. She lives in apple valley MN and I live in Rochester MN so we visit each other on the weekends and during this whole Covid 19 deal we’ve come and stayed with each other, either at her house or my house visa versa every other week. This happened while I was in Rochester.
This is obviously going to complicate things. I have a general idea of the things I have to do in order to drive again and the punishments that follow. But more than anything I feel ashamed for doing this to her. I love her but is this truly love to put her through this? I am completely torn. I always thought this was the woman I wanted to marry and grow old with and have beautiful kids. But I threw it away for one of the stupidest decisions of my life. I obviously have a problem and I am seeking help. I think this is the hardest I’ve prayed probably in my whole life. I keep praying for strength and for my girlfriend to stay in my life. But... I feel as though I’m only dragging her down with this and I don’t know what to do. More than anything I want her to be in my life but I’m starting to think she is better off without me.
More than anything I want her to have a bright and beautiful future, if I truly love her than I think it’s better to let her go and for her to find someone that treats her like the truly beautiful person I see her as. Even now it is super hard to talk to her on the phone because all we can talk about is the situation and contemplating whether or not it’s worth us staying together, I don’t blame her.
I’m giving her space til next week to talk to a therapist and get some clarity on the situation. The suspense is killing me, if this is what needs to be done in order for me to really learn from this then so be it. But part of me also thinks is it just better if I break up with her now instead of waiting til next week? Part of me thinks she might not have it in her to break up with me when her previous boyfriend’s have typically broken up with her and this has left her in a somewhat broken state.
I’m just looking for any advice on the situation, some clarity for myself. I just don’t want her to be in anymore pain. This is going to hard for me to get through but it’s my shit I’ve got to deal with and maybe it’s better I go at it alone. Or should I and least wait til next week when she talks to her therapist? I just don’t want this to draw on any longer than it needs to be if she’ll truly be better off without me.
I’m sure this was a lot to read and I appreciate everyone for reading my story. Maybe one day we’ll all laugh this and this amazing person will still be in my life. But for now I just want what’s best for her. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
TL;DR - complications with gf due to 3rd DUI. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
submitted by pillowpwner
to relationships [link] [comments]
2020.05.05 06:42 Stegotetrabelodon Is anyone else concerned about their Papa John’s Pizza store closing? Or having trouble hiring new employees? My store has had 5 of its employees quit since this pandemic began. We have not been able to find any replacements yet. I think restaurants are closing because of employees quitting.
There were 2,544 Papa John’s Pizza store locations in the US as of 2019 according to statista.com.
The following are all of the store locations I found that are closed by googling “Papa John’s Pizza - CLOSED” “yelp” ...
- 785 W Warner Rd, Gilbert, AZ
- 2111 S Alma School Rd, Mesa, AZ
- 13802 N Scottsdale Rd, Ste 101, Scottsdale, AZ
- 843 W University Dr, Tempe, AZ
- 35400 Date Palm Dr, Cathedral City, CA
- 3330 Grand Ave, Chino Hills, CA
- 417 Mace Blvd, Ste I, Davis, CA
- 662 G St, Davis, CA
- 1176 S Diamond Bar Blvd, Diamond Bar, CA
- Calle Real Shopping Ctr, 5756 Calle Real, Goleta, CA
- 17028 Devonshire St, Granada Hills, CA
- 27901 La Paz Rd, Laguna Niguel, CA
- 4130 La Jolla Village Dr, La Jolla, CA
- 7965 Broadway, Lemon Grove, CA
- 614 N H St, Lompoc, CA
- 13350 W Washington Blvd, Los Angeles, CA
- 25800 Jeronimo Rd, Ste 801, Mission Viejo, CA
- 28171 Marguerite Pkwy, Mission Viejo, CA
- 598 Lighthouse Ave, Monterey, CA
- Presidio of Monterey Exchange, Building 660, Unit 5, Monterey, CA
- 5 W Los Angeles Ave, Moorpark, CA
- 39615 Washington St, Ste E, Palm Desert, CA
- 1914 S Garey Ave, Pomona, CA
- 2221 Sunset Blvd, Rocklin, CA
- 342 S Euclid Ave, Ste 404, San Diego, CA
- 3810 Valley Center Dr, Ste 902, San Diego, CA
- 3960 W Point Loma Blvd, San Diego, CA
- 1423 Branham Ln, San Jose, CA
- 7932 Norwalk Blvd, Whittier, CA
- 19907 Ventura Blvd, Woodland Hills, CA
- 7245 Pecos St, Denver, CO
- 8196 Colorado Blvd, Unit N4, Firestone, CO
- 1901 Youngfield St, Ste 107, Golden, CO
- 12093 W Alameda Pkwy, Lakewood, CO
- 313 Hope St, Stamford, CT
- 4700 N Federal Hwy, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- 1131 W University Ave, Gainesville, FL
- 3015 E New York St, Aurora, IL
- 1707 W Boughton Rd, Bolingbrook, IL
- 1245 W Devon, Chicago, IL
- 21114 S LaGrange Rd, Frankfort, IL
- 1620 Deerfield Rd, Highland Park, IL
- 14205 S Bell Rd, Homer Glen, IL
- 1550 Douglas Road, Montgomery, IL
- 924 W 75th St, Ste 124, Naperville, IL
- 1220 W Ogden Ave, Ste B, Naperville, IL
- 10308 S Cicero Ave, Oak Lawn, IL
- 1001 E 162nd St, South Holland, IL
- 864 75th St, Willowbrook, IL
- 971 Tremont St, Boston, MA
- 548 John Fitch Hwy, Fitchburg, MA
- 7 Park St, Leominster, MA
- 260 Coggeshall St, New Bedford, MA
- 657 Southern Artery, Quincy, MA
- 1490 Allen St, Springfield, MA
- 1445 Ritchie Ct, Annapolis, MD
- 2029 West St, Annapolis, MD
- 3735-37 Eastern Ave, Baltimore, MD
- 9623 Lost Knife Rd, Gaithersburg, MD
- 10345 42nd Ave, Allendale, MI
- 1710 W Main St, Ste C, Kalamazoo, MI
- 1101 E Walton Blvd, Pontiac, MI
- 28722 Utica Rd, Roseville, MI
- 3728 Rochester Rd, Troy, MI
- 7973 Wedgwood Ln N, Osseo, MN
- 21 N Benton Dr, Sauk Rapids, MN
- 4501 15th Ave S, Fargo, ND
- 234 N Main St, Concord, NH
- 1430 State Route 36, Hazlet, NJ
- 875 State Rt 17, Ramsey, NJ
- 5800 Gibson Blvd SE, Albuquerque, NM
- 1111 Fulton St, Brooklyn, NY
- 552 Westbury Ave, Carle Place, NY
- 730 Jericho Tpke, Huntington Station, NY
- 400 Rt 211 E, Ste 21, Middletown, NY
- 6 N 3rd Ave, Mount Vernon, NY
- 8411 Seneca Tpke, New Hartford, NY
- 12 E 37th St, New York, NY
- 21 Maiden Ln, New York, NY
- 301 W 110th St, New York, NY
- 4927 Broadway, New York, NY
- 765 8th Ave, New York, NY
- 1267 Forest Ave, Staten Island, NY
- 1259 N High St, Columbus, OH
- 9336 Ohio 43, Streetsboro, OH
- 314 E Broadway, Altus, OK
- 3302 SE Powell Blvd, Portland, OR
- 3403 Saw Mill Run Blvd, Brentwood, PA
- 1002 W Ridge Pike, Conshohocken, PA
- 934 Bustleton Pike, Feasterville Trevose, PA
- 126 Morton Ave, Folsom, PA
- 531 S Main St, Greensburg, PA
- 1555 Wadsworth Ave, Philadelphia, PA
- 200 Kennedy Blvd, Pittston, PA
- 955 S Township Line, Royersford, PA
- 5617 Western Ave, Knoxville, TN
- 4805 Hwy 6 N, Houston, TX
- 5022 Hwy 90A, Sugar Land, TX
- 6160 E Lake Sammamish Pkwy SE, Ste B, Issaquah, WA
- 211 3rd St, Kirkland, WA
- 14909 Union Ave SW, Lakewood, WA
- 19191 State Rte 2, Monroe, WA
- 22803 44th Ave W, Mountlake Terrace, WA
- 9000 Holman Rd NW, Seattle, WA
- 2905 S Regal St, Spokane, WA
- 385 Falls Rd, Grafton, WI
- 6615 University Ave, Middleton, WI
submitted by Stegotetrabelodon
to PapaJohns [link] [comments]
2020.01.07 22:59 PB_507 Rochester area Valentine's Day ideas
Hello, all! 507 is looking for ideas for our Feb. 13 issue -- we cover mainly local music, theater and art, but on Valentine's Day weekend, we're hoping to provide some easy (preferably affordable) ideas for celebrating in the Rochester area/SE MN. Any cheapish date ideas? Go-to restaurants that might not be flooded on the day? Off-the-wall plans?
submitted by PB_507
to minnesota [link] [comments]
2019.12.19 18:28 RoyalFino TONIGHT: Attend a Yang 2020 Debate Watch Party Near You! Let's Mobilize!
Search for an event near you on Mobilize! California
- Sacramento, CA
- San Mateo, CA
- San Francisco, CA
- Van Nuys, CA
- Arcata, CA
- Los Angeles, CA - Silver Lake
- Los Angeles, CA - Playa Del Rey
- West Hollywood, CA
- Menlo Park, CA
- Mountain View, CA
- San Diego, CA
- San Gabriel Valley, CA
- Oakland, CA
New York/New Jersey
- Woodstock, NY
- Bronx, NY
- New York, NY
- Queens, NY
- Brooklyn, NY
- Old Bethpage, NY
- Round Lake, NY
- Rochester, NY
- Binghamton, NY
- Trenton, NJ
Virginia, DC and Maryland
- Charlotte, NC
- Asheville, NC
- Winston-Salem, NC
- Raleigh Durham, NC
- Columbia, SC
- Greenville, SC
- Rock Hill, SC
- Greenwood, SC
- Charleston, SC
- Aiken, SC
Washington and Oregon
The Rest of the Mid-West
The Rest of the West
- Acworth, MI
- Detroit, MI
- Ironwood, MI
- Chicago, IL
- Urbana-Champaign, IL
- Naperville, IL
- Milwaukee, WI
- La Crosse, WI
- Minneapolis, MN
- West Lafayette, IN
- Bloomington, IN
- St. Louis, MO
The Rest of the South
- Little Rock, AR
- Salt Lake City, UT
- Albuquerque, NM
- Salt Lake City, UT
- Missoula, MT
- Boise, ID
- Tempe, AZ
- Denver, CO
- Reno, NV
- Denver, CO
- Fort Collins, CO
- Boulder, CO
Your attendance at these events is MOTIVATING. Please attend an event near you! And don't forget to Pass The Yang this week as well!
submitted by RoyalFino
to YangForPresidentHQ [link] [comments]
2019.12.14 00:37 Evohelix Moving to Rochester
I am looking into accepting a possible job offer from IBM. I am having some difficulty finding recent reviews and opinions about Rochester MN.
- Is there a area of town where people in my age range tend to live and hang out (mid twenties).
- How is the general area? How hard is it to settle in and form a group of people to hang out with?
- How is the dating scene/Night life?
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
submitted by Evohelix
to rochestermn [link] [comments]
2019.12.01 20:15 jmpace6161 Columbine copycats: a timeline
4-28-99 Todd Cameron Smith, Taber, Alberta "Ever since the shooting at Columbine in Colorado all I've been able to think about is doing this." 5-20-99 T.J. Solomon, 15, Conyers, GA Heritage High He became obsessed with Columbine. Most of the parties who dealt with him agree that Columbine played a key role in stimulating his behavior.
11-1-99 Bad Reichenhall, Germany, windowsill sniper Martin Peyerl, 16 According to his schoolmates, after Columbine Martin was heard to say "Cool, I would like to do that too."
12-6-99 Fort Gibson, OK Seth Trickey, 13 "Trickey... was deeply influenced by the Columbine shootings."
2-21-00 POTSDAM, Germany -- Police arrest a 16-year-old girl for allegedly planning a bloodbath at her school on the anniversary of the Columbine High School shootings. "She regarded the Littleton shooters as heroes. During a search of her home the cops found videos and newspaper articles about Columbine."
4-20-00 Stabbing attacks in an Ottawa-area high school -- on the anniversary of the Columbine massacre in Colorado -- left five people wounded. According to an article in the Ottawa Citizen, a 15-year-old boy, who was teased mercilessly by his classmates, became obsessed with the Columbine school massacre and the violent perpetrators of the tragic event. He posted pictures of the young men in his lockers and began counting down the days until the anniversary.
1-20-01 Al DeGuzman, De Anza Community College, Cupertino, CA (planned) Investigators are alleged to have also recovered an audiocassette on which DeGuzman expresses sympathy for Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, several articles about the shootings and notes allegedly written by DeGuzman in praise of Klebold and Harris. "Eric Harris is God. He's my savior," was alleged to have been written on his website.
2-5-01 Hoyt, KS Royal Valley High School Three students, ages 18, 17, and 16, were arrested for plotting an attack on their high school "They often talked of the Columbine massacre.... they seemed to become obsessed."
2-8-01 Preston Junior High School, Ft. Collins, CO Three teenage boys were jailed on charges that they planned to copy the deadly Columbine attack at their junior high school in Fort Collins. Police found evidence hauntingly similar to that found in the aftermath of the Columbine shooting. Was planned for 4-20-01.
3-5-01 Santee, San Diego County, Santana High School The San Diego district attorney says Andy Williams, the suspect in the killings...was "obsessed with Columbine."
3-22-01 Jason Hoffman,18, Granite Hills HS, San Diego, CA, arrested after shooting up his school. He had commented to another student that he was "planning another Columbine."
October, 2001 Four teens from New Bedford, Massachusetts are arrested for planning an attack on New Bedford High School. They said specifically it would be "bigger than Columbine."
4-26-02 Robert Steinhauser, Gutenburg Gymansium, Erfurt, Germany After a search of Erfurt shooter Robert Steinhauser's computer, police allegedly found extensive documentation on the Colmbine massacre.
8-20-02 Bomb plot at high school thwarted in North Dallas, TX The unnamed youth had a poster about the Columbine shooting in his room.
9-18-03 Atlanta, GA A 14-year-old Lovejoy High School student was arrested after police said he planned a Columbine-style massacre at the school. The boy was arrested after students told school officials that he tried to recruit them to take part in a plan to "make history by turning Lovejoy into another Columbine."
1-13-04 Dutchtown, LA Two high school students were arrested and accused of creating an elaborate plan to re-create the bloody Columbine High School massacre on its five-year anniversary in April(4-20-04). "Apparently, they were planning to wake up at 4:20 a.m. on April 20 of this year to do this."
2-9-04 Jon Romano, 16, Columbia High School in Rensselaer County, NY Fired three shotgun rounds at school. ....he wrote a four-page suicide note and left it at home beside his DVD of Bowling for Columbine. Romano stated in a letter written before the shooting that he was not a “monster,” and wondered how he was different from the two teenagers, Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris....
3-16-04 Josh Magee, Malcolm High School, Malcolm, Nebraska Arrested after pipe bombs and a rifle were found in his car outside school as he contemplated attacking. Parents and school officials in this tiny town north of Lincoln said Magee often spoke about the 1999 Columbine shootings... "He asked them in class last week if they knew who Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold were. Then he said, `I know them.'" "
May, 2004 16-year-old Jacob Roya and 17-year-old Niklas Ekberg, detained by police in Malmoe, Sweden for planning to shoot up Slottsstaden School and then blow it up. "...prosecutors said the two teens allegedly planned to emulate the 1999 massacre at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado" "....prosecutors said the attack was to have happened April 20, 2005"
6-18-04 Bull Run Middle School, GAINESVILLE, Prince William County, VA (35 miles west of Washington, D.C.) Student arrested at school with guns, part of a larger plot to shoot people at school "The 12-year-old.... had researched the 1999 shootings at Columbine High School in Colorado for a class report."
9-17-04 Marshfield High School, Massachusetts teenagers arrested for planning a school attack on the anniversary of Columbine. One wore a t-shirt to school that had pictures of Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold that said “Remember the Heroes.”
9-17-04 Andrew Osantowski, 17, arrested for planning attack at Chippewa Valley High School, Clinton Township(suburban Detroit), Michigan Online, Andrew compared his plan to attack his high school to the Columbine High School massacre. He copied Eric Harris' writings several times in his monthly journals.
9-24-04 Rafael S., aka "Junior" 15, Islas Malvinas Middle School No. 2, Carmen de Patagones --had seen the documentary "Bowling for Columbine" days before the shooting
10-7-04 Vista Ridge High School, Austin, TX Police have arrested two Texas teenagers in an alleged plan to attack their school. They allegedly were planning to wear trench coats to hide their weapons just as the Columbine High School killers did. "Their words were, they wanted to 'recreate Columbine.' "
2-13-05 Robert Bonelli Jr., 24, of Glasco/Saugerties, N.Y. Shot up Hudson Valley Mall, wounding two people. In Mr. Bonelli's room, the police found piles of news articles and other accounts, photographs and documents printed from the Internet, all related to the 1999 shootings. "It would appear that he had a lurid fascination with Columbine and the shooters."
3-21-05 Jeff Weise, Red Lake HS, Red Lake, MN The original plan called for a group of Red Lake teens--the 'Darkers'--to attack their school on 4-20-05, the sixth anniversary.
12-15-05 Two teens, 15- and 17, arrested for planning attack at Quartz Hill High School, Lancaster, LA County. Located at the home of one boy were pictures of domestic terrorists including the two Columbine killers.
3-20-06 Rochester Hills, MI An 18-year-old male high school student was arrested and charged for writing a threat on a bathroom wall to bring a gun to school and start a massacre he called, "Columbine Part Two."
3-24-06 Foley, AL Two male high school students, ages 15 and 16, were arrested and charged with planning to carry out a shooting plot at their high school on the 7th anniversary of the Columbine High School attack this upcoming April 20th.
3-25-06 Seattle Rave Slayer Kyle Huff Owned a black trenchcoat, had downloaded info on his computer about Columbine.
4-5-06 Atco, NJ Four teenagers, ages 14 to 16, students at Winslow Township HS, were arrested and charged in connection with a plot to kill 25 people in their high school lunchroom on the anniversary of the Columbine attack.
4-17-06 Platte City, MO Two male students, both age 18, were arrested in connection with a school shooting plot. Their plan included planting explosives and bringing weapons to the school on the seventh anniversary of the Columbine shooting.
4-20-06 Five Riverton, Kansas high school students have been arrested after police learned they were allegedly planning an attack on the seventh anniversary of the Columbine school massacre, just as Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold did in their deadly 1999 assault.
8-30-06 Alvaro Rafael Castillo, 19, Orange High School, Hillsborough NC, Asked why he went to attack the school, Castillo responded: "Columbine. Remember Columbine."
9-13-06 Kimveer Gill, 25, Montreal, Dawson College Gill wrote on his blog that he wanted to storm the school on April 20, 2006, seven years to the day after the attack at Columbine High School.
9-14-06 Two teens arrested for planned attack. William C. Cornell and Shawn R. Sturtz Green Bay East High School, Green Bay Wis. The two teens had long been fascinated by the April 1999 Columbine massacre in Littleton, Colorado
11-20-06 ex-student Sebastain Bosse, 18, Geschwister Scholl School, Emsdetten, Germany He made a short video about Columbine, taken from snippets of other available Columbine videos.
4-2-07 Calgary, Canada 14yr old boy arrested after he confessed a plot to murder two of his teachers on the anniversary of the Columbine high school massacre.
4-16-07 Cho Seung Hui Virginia Tech, Blackburg VA The Governor's panel report traced his violent fantasies to the 1999 shootings at Columbine High School in Colorado. The report said that in a paper in a middle-school English class Mr. Cho indicated that he "wanted to repeat Columbine."
7-13-07 Connetquot High School students arrested for plan to attack school The Long Island, NY teens hoped to execute their plan April 20, 2008
8-27-07 Kenton Astin stabbed University of Colorado/Boulder student after shouting "We are Columbine."
10-10-07 Dillon Cossey, 15, arrested in Columbine-like threat against Plymouth Whitemarsh High School, (near Philadelphia, PA) On his MySpace page Dillon Cossey features tribute videos to the Columbine shooters and includes a still from the surveillance video showing Klebold and Harris in the Columbine cafeteria.
11-7-07 Pekka Eric Auvinen, Jokela Secondary School, Finland He exchanged posts with Cossey on a Web site dedicated to the Columbine killers "....he showed a great deal of interest in a documentary the class watched in May about the Columbine school shootings in the United States."
11-28-07 Suburban Poughkeepsie, NY Three Arlington High School students accused of plotting a Columbine-like assault to take place April 20, 2010. That day will be the 11th anniversary of the attack on Columbine High School.
12-9-07 Matthew Murray, New Life Church, Colo Springs, CO His computer had "downloads about the shootings at Columbine..."
Jan-08 Patrick J. Gauchel, 28, of Newark, N.J., arrested for sending threatening emails and letters to Kate Battan from JCSO, who worked on the original Columbine investigation, and also to the surviving family members of some of the victims. There were shrines in Gauchel's home to Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris.
3-14-08 Three 13-year-olds, two boys and one girl, arrested for plotting massacre at DeLand Middle School, DeLand, Fla. The website of the ringleader "is a shrine to Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, the two teens who committed the massacre at Columbine High School.
4-19-08 and 4-24-08 Russell Frantom(16, of Penn High School in Mishawaka, Ind.) and one Lee Billi(33, of suburban Cleveland, OH) arrested for planning simultaneous mass attacks, to be carried out 9-11-08. Authorities said the plot was detected when a school officer discovered Internet postings in which the teen discussed his support for the Columbine High School shooters.
4-19-08 Ryan Schallenberger, 18 He was arrested after his parents called police when 10 pounds of ammonium nitrate was delivered to their home in Chesterfield, SC. Allegedly planned a suicide attack at Chesterfield HS. --He called his plot "Columbine III"
8-22-08 Allen W. Doelitsch, 18 and unnamed 14-yr old arrested for contemplating an attack on Samuel V. Champion High School in Boerne, TX Doelitsch said he'd been fixated for years on the Columbine shootings. In 2006, he was placed in juvenile detention for writing graffiti in a Boerne High School bathroom, including “remember Klebold.”
9-23-08 Matti Juhani Saari, a 22-year-old student, Kauhajoki School of Hospitality, Kauhajoki, Finland "Investigators also say they have evidence that... Saari was inspired by such events as the US Columbine High School massacre."
12-29-08 Santorio Harper, 30, of Owings Mills, MD, charged with attempted murder after Baltimore County police said they uncovered his plot to commit a "Columbine style" attack at an ITT Technical Institute, where he was a student. Officers seized his handgun, which had been legally purchased, along with documentation of the Columbine incident found in his residence.
3-15-09 Two teens arrested in Britain for bomb plot at school for 10nth anniversary of Columbine "Prosecutors in the English city of Manchester say the 16-year-old and the 17-year-old had planned to strike on April 20. ...A British police official told The Associated Press that the date was no coincidence."
3-24-09 Czech teen, 17, arrested for bombing plot against school. The youth made a video inspired by Columbine. " ...he has made several announcements that “he would shoot everybody in his class and himself.” "
4-16-09 Three Virginia Beach teens under arrest for plotting attack on 4-20-09 at their school, Landstown High School. The ringleader had shown a "fascination" with the Columbine High School shooting and often wore a black trench coat.
4-27-09 Jorge L. Alfaro, 22, accused of planning a shooting at Harlandale High School, San Antonio, TX on the 27th. Authorities said they found a notebook filled with detailed plans and notes about the 1999 Columbine High School massacre and the 2007 shootings at Virginia Tech University.
5-18-09 Jason Doucet, 15, fires a shot at a teacher and then kills himself at Larose-Cut Off Middle School, Larose, La. " "He had this ... preoccupation with Columbine, the fact that Columbine coincides with Adolf Hitler's birthday," the sheriff said."
8-24-09 Alex Youshock, 17, attacks Hillsdale High School, San Mateo County, CA with sword, pipebombs and chainsaw, which he nicknamed "Collie," referring to Columbine High School. Tackled before he could injure someone. "In the months he spent planning the attack, Youshock said in the interview, he researched the shooters in mass killings at Columbine High School ..... ."
3-2-10 Charles Mustoe, 17, arrested for planning an attack at Brewster High School, Brewster, WA. The attack was to take place on April 20, 2011, the twelth anniversary of the Columbine massacre.
8-23-10 Austin Cook, 17, planned to shoot up Tampa, Florida's Leto High School on 11-11-11. "When we got into his home, we did find videotapes that were referencing the Columbine incident," according to a police spokesman. A computer with a Columbine High School video game on it was taken from his home.
8-24-10 Joseph Hansen, 18, arrested after he allegedly planned an attack at Sisseton High School in Sisseton, South Dakota. Hansen often wore a trench coat, and had been caught looking up articles on school computers about the Columbine massacre. Hansen even admitted to writing a paper about Columbine.
9-21-10 Christian Helms, 14, arrested after he fired shot at the school resource officer at Socastee High School, Myrtle Beach, SC, putting a quick end to his plans to shoot up the school. "The teen told police he... had studied school shootings including Columbine... ." Helms idolized the pair who planned and carried out Columbine. He refers to them as "Reb" and "Vodka" throughout his journal. Helms decided he needed to be like the pair and have a nickname so he called himself “Micro.”
3-9-11 Nathaniel Zeno, 16, a tenth grader at Seminole High School, Seminole, Fla. arrested for planning attack. After studying a book on the Columbine shooting, Zeno wanted to reenact the massacre, according to officials.
4-09-11 Ridderhof Mall in Alphen aan den Rijn, Netherlands Tristan van der Vlis, 25 "Van der Vlis spent hours trawling the Internet for information about other mass shootings in the United States, Germany and Finland, particularly the 1999 Columbine High School shootings...."
7-30-11 Unnamed British 16 year old satanist--aka "Lord of the Flies"--from the town of Didcot is sentenced for brutal hammer attack on his sister. "He daubed “hail Satan” and “I will kill you mum” on his bedroom walls, and on his website, he listed “shooting up schools like Columbine” as his occupation."
8-16-11 Jared Cano, 17, arrested for planning attack on Freedom High School in Tampa, Fla. "Cano was talking about bombing Freedom and saying he wanted to "go out" like a legend, causing more casualties than either Columbine High School or Virginia Tech..." "They also found a picture of the Columbine attack.... And they found a downloaded video game based upon the Columbine attack."
1-25-12 Dallin Morgan, 18, and Joshua Hoggan, 16, arrested for plotting a bombing attack at Roy High School, Roy, Utah. The younger had told a friend that he had looked into the shootings of students at Colorado’s Columbine High School. At one point, .... he told her he had flown to Colorado "to check it out." The juvenile told investigators he was so "fascinated" by the 1999 Columbine High School massacre that he visited the Littleton, Colo., school and interviewed the principal about the shootings that killed 13 people. Roy police said the principal, Frank DeAngelis, confirmed that the boy made his visit Dec. 12. The FBI is examining the suspects' computers, police said.
1-27-12 Louis Summit, 17, a student at Menomonee Falls High School in Milwaukee, WI, is arrested after making "repeated threats to staff and students about shooting up the school and making references to the Columbine school shooting in Colorado."
3-20-12 Trey Eric Sesler, 22, arrested for killing his parents and brother in Texas. He had planned on attacking his alma mater, Waller High School, afterwards. ".... he had a fixation with the Columbine school massacre from Colorado."
4-17-12 Unnamed 16yr old arrested for plotting a “Columbine-style shooting” at North Central High School in Spokane, WA. The shooting was allegedly to take place days later on Friday, April 20th. Though he wrote some graffiti on a bathroom wall: "I'm serius [sic]. Nc school shooting 4/20/15 be ready," which may indicate a later date(or someone who was just bluffing).
4-20-12 Stuart Alexander Baxter Little, 17, arrested for making threats against Pflugerville High School in Pflugerville, Texas. The event was supposed to take place on 4/20, and he used the moniker of “Cire Sirrah”('Eric Harris' spelled backwards) in his email threats to the school.
8-15-12 Students Reed Peery and Samuel Noble arrested for planning to detonate bombs and shoot people at Vista Murrieta High School in Riverside County, CA on April 20, 2015, the anniversary of the Columbine massacre.
8-23-12 Marshall Judson, 18, and Matthew Murray, 17, are arrested for threatening an attack on their school, Alamo Heights High School in San Antonio, TX, on the first day of the new school year. 0n one of their Facebook pages was a graphic photo of the Columbine suspects lying in a pool of blood with the caption, “BEST FRIENDS TILL THE END!!” Murray wrote, “so wanna be Dylan Klebold” and Judson responded, “I wanna b eric harris."
8-27-12 Robert Wayne Gladden, 15, seriously injures a fellow student with a shotgun at Perry Hall High School, Baltimore County, Maryland. On his Facebook page, Gladden lists his employer as "The Manson Family" and calls the Columbine shooters "inspirational people" accompanied by their library death photos.
10-3-12 Unnamed 21-year-old arrested on the Spanish island of Palma de Mallorca for planning a bomb attack on a local university. "Police said that in his personal diary and Internet blog, the man talked of his admiration for the perpetrators of the Columbine attacks."
10-8-12 Joshua Brandon Pillault, 20, of Oxford, MS arrested for threats to recreate Columbine in his internet postings. He told people on a website to look for his name "in the news next April marking Columbine High School’s attack anniversary." He “...made threats to kill people and blow up Oxford High School," according to an affidavit.
11-9-12 Mitchell Kusick, 20, was arrested for planning to shoot the President during a campaign stop at University of Colorado at Boulder on Nov. 1, and also “made credible threats and took steps” to open fire on kids at a Halloween event at Standley Lake High School. Kusick told agents he was obsessed with two mass shootings that happened in the Denver area: 1999’s Columbine High School massacre and the murder spree at a Batman movie in Aurora in July. He has been in counseling for 8 or 9 years and he is currently prescribed Prozac.
11-16-12 Blaec James Lammers, 20, arrested for planning a mass shooting at a Walmart and/or a movie theater in Bolivar, Missouri(for the evening of 11-16). "The suspect was familiar with several high profile shootings, (Bolivar PD detective Dusty)Ross said, discussing shootings at Virginia Tech, Arizona, Columbine, Colo., and Aurora."
12-6-12 Jacob Butze-Maille, 17, a student at Methuen High School in Methuen, Mass., was arrested for making threatening statements in reference to Columbine against fellow students.
12-14-12 Adam Lanza, alleged perpetrator of a massacre at the Sandy Hook elementary school, was obsessed with the April 1999 shooting at Columbine High in Colorado
February, 2013 Michael Piggin, 17, arrested for planning a mass shooting and bombing at his old school in Loughborough, England, among other targets. He called it Operation the New Columbine," scheduled for 4-20-14.
Ahhh! The mystique of the trenchcoat:
5-30-13 Grant Acord, 17, high school junior, arrested after he was caught planning to shoot up and bomb West Albany High School, near Portland, OR. Authorities seized detailed plans and a timeline "specifically modeled after the Columbine shootings"... "Acord sought out clothes and weapons used by "Eric and Dylan," including a black trench coat and a Hi-Point 995 rifle..."
10-14-13 "Gonçalo A.," 15, stabs three students and a staff member at a school in Massama, Portugal. "The suspect stated to the authorities that he intended to "mimic a massacre", giving as an example the case of the Institute of Columbine and Sandy Hook Elementary School... ."
10-21-13 Sparks Middle School, Sparks, Nevada Jose Reyes, 12 "Investigators say Reyes, who had recently been prescribed an antidepressant, had images of the Columbine shooters on his phone and told a therapist three days before the attack that he had been teased...."
October, 2013 Two teens, 16 and 17, arrested after they planned to shoot up Volunteer High School in Church Hill, TN "This young man (the alleged leader) was obsessed with the Columbine school shooting of 1999 in Colorado.."
12-13-13 Arapahoe High School, CO Senior Karl Pierson kills a student and himself. "Pierson studied the 1999 attack on Columbine High School intensely and, to an eerie degree, found inspiration in that much-imitated template."
January, 2014 Brendan Steven Moore, 17, charged with planning the shootings of two law enforcement officers and two assistant principals at Topeka West High School in Topeka, Kansas "He 'idolized' the Columbine shooters"
March 2014 Natalie Carpenter, 18, was arrested after allegedly making threats against Danbury High School and Bunnell High School in Stratford, CT. "Authorities searching Carpenter’s apartment found .... handwritten notes calling the Columbine shooters heroes and explaining that Carpenter wanted to follow in their footsteps, the affidavit says."
4-29-14 John LaDue, 17, arrested for planning to bomb and shoot up his school, Waseca JunioSenior High School in Waseca Minnesota on the 15nth anniversary of Columbine. "LaDue in fact, “idolized” Columbine shooter Eric Harris and made several references to Harris and fellow shooter Dylan Klebold in a 180-page journal that spelled out details of his plan. Police also found a black trenchcoat in his storage unit where he kept his homemade bombs."
6-5-14 Seattle Pacific University Aaron Ybarra, 26 "Aaron Ybarra was obsessed with the Columbine High School shootings and had even traveled to the Colorado site." "...he heard Columbine killer Eric Harris’ voice in his head “telling him to hurt people...” "
6-8-14 Las Vegas Walmart shooting Jerad, 31, and Amanda Miller, 22 Neighbor Brandon Moore: "They were handing out white-power propaganda and were talking about doing the next Columbine..."
4-20-15 17 year old male student in Richland County, S.C. arrested for mass shooting plot. "Richland County School District One officials contacted law enforcement in reference to a student plotting to shoot students and faculty at Dreher High School on Monday, April 20, 2015 on the 16th anniversary of the Columbine High School massacre."
8-24-15 James Stumbo, 27, and Kevin Norton, 18, both from Iowa, arrested at Pokemon tournament in Boston, Mass. for plotting mass shooting event. "Authorities were alerted by the moderator of a private Pokemon group after apparent threats which were posted in the forum which referenced the Columbine shooting, Boston bombing and the Boston Massacre."
8-26-15 Vester Lee Flanagan, 41, disgruntled ex-employee kills two in local TV news crew near Roanoke,, Virginia. In his manifesto, he expressed admiration for the Virginia Tech and Columbine shooters. "I was influenced by Seung–Hui Cho. That's my boy right there. He got NEARLY double the amount that Eric Harris and Dylann Klebold got…just sayin."
12-12-15 Two 16yr old girls arrested after allegedly planning an attack at Mountain Vista High School in Douglas County, Colorado. "One of the teen suspects accused of plotting to kill people at her high school allegedly posted satanic images and references to the 1999 Columbine High School shooting on her Tumblr site."
1-4-16 Facebook threat to "kill as many as possible" by unknown youth causes panic at Montgomery High School in Bispham, Blackpool, Lancashire, Britain. "...the poster praises Columbine Massacre gunmen Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold"... and said: "These guys are great. They killed a bunch of people in their high school and then killed themselves."
12-12-16 Joshua J. Bagemehl, 21, of Sheboygan, Wisconsin, was charged with making terrorist threats online and for planning a school shooting, "Bagemehl was fond of watching videos of Columbine." "Bagemehl... even has a favorite school shooting; telling investigators Columbine is "the best." "
2-20-17 Three teens--Dylan DeAngelis, 15, Gunnar Rice, 14, and Asa Candela, 15, arrested for planning for a shooting at Zemmer Middle School in Mayfield Township, Lapeer, Michigan. "In the video, (they) also discussed the Columbine shooters and "Zero Hour," the documentary(sic) on the 1999 mass murder at Columbine High School in Colorado" "Lapeer County Assistant Prosecutor David Campbell noted that the teens' use of the words "god-like," "natural selection," and "selector," was reminiscent of the Columbine shooters' language."
3-16-17 Alexis de Tocqueville High School in Grasse, France, shooter Kylian Barbey, 17 "Taking inspiration from Columbine shooters, Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris, both 18 years old, Kylian on his YouTube account had featured a playlist entitled Columbine that included a full-length video of Zero Day, a 2003 film featuring the Columbine school shooting."
3-23-17 Nicole Cevario, 18, who aspired to become “the first real female school shooter,” arrested in plot to attack Catoctin High School in Thurmont, Maryland. She kept a journal that cited the Columbine High School attack.
4-13-17 Unidentified student, 17, at Port Neches-Groves High School in Port Neches, Texas, arrested for threatening a mass shooting at his school. The shooting was supposedly set to take place on April 20th, the anniversary of the Columbine shooting.
4-20-17 A freshman and a sophomore were arrested for threatening mayhem on the anniversary of Columbine at Clear Brook High School in Friendswood, Texas, . Both threats were made on the picture sharing app Snapchat. One posted a video which warned people not to show up to school on April 20th. The other is said to have posted a picture of the butt of a gun with the message that he was doing this for ‘The heroes of Columbine.’
6-8-17 Randy Robert Stair, 24 guns down three co-workers at the supermarket he worked at before killing himself in Eaton Township, Pennsylvania. "Well the other biggest(factor) was Columbine. ... Last year(2016) around June is when I just got sucked into it. ..It just hooked me, it grabbed me up, it sucked me in, and I love it! ... I grew fucking in love with them(E&D). "
10-7-17 Two unnamed 13-yr olds arrested for planning a school shooting at Sabin Middle School, Colorado Springs, CO "Two Sabin Middle School students accused of creating a “kill list” threatening classmates and staff earlier in October were “infatuated” with the Columbine High School shooters and wanted to honor them, according to the 4th Judicial District’s Office."
submitted by jmpace6161
to masskillers [link] [comments]
2019.10.07 15:14 SometimesY /r/CFB Reporting: The Ithaca Bombers Rout the St. Lawrence Saints 59-20
by Cameron Williams
Life and Football in the North Country
St. Lawrence University (abbreviated SLU and often pronounced as "sloo") is located in Canton, NY, in the so-called North Country in way upstate New York. The North Country is cradled between Lake Ontario on the west, the Adirondack Mountains on the south, Vermont on the east, and Canada and the St. Lawrence River on the north. The North Country has a mostly temperate summer punctuated on both sides by a brief spring and brief autumn. Wintry weather lasts from November through April, and for much of that time, it is completely overcast. It is common to go weeks without seeing much sunlight. The area features rolling hills and rivers and is dotted with quaint villages and hamlets. The villages and hamlets are populated with houses that are over 100 years old, many of which are nearing or have eclipsed the 200 year mark and many of which containing so-called doors to nowhere. Much of the North Country's economy is based on agriculture and local universities, including SUNY Canton, also in Canton, NY, and Clarkson University and SUNY Potsdam in the neighboring town of Potsdam. Historically, the area benefitted greatly from its proximity to the St. Lawrence River with its connections to Lake Ontario and the Gulf of St. Lawrence as it passes through the Thousand Islands region, Montreal, and Quebec City, and acts as a major trade route between the US and Canada. Like much of rural New York, the North Country is economically depressed. St. Lawrence County, home to the four aforementioned universities, has an estimated poverty rate of nearly 19%. During the regular academic year, Potsdam and Canton are busy and full of life as students roam the streets in search of food, alcohol, and fun, but during winter and summer breaks, the two towns are as easygoing as most any other in the North Country.
Football in the North Country has a long, fractured history. St. Lawrence football has existed continually since the late 1800s, but football at the other three universities has not fared as well. Clarkson University previously had a football program that it discontinued ca. 1952 and now has a club football team that is currently in its fourth season. Clarkson athletics are perhaps best known for their women's hockey team that has boasted three Division I championships in the last five years despite only existing at the Division I level since 2003. SUNY Potsdam (then named Potsdam Normal School) had a football program that it discontinued ca. 1903. Today, Potsdam's sports are all Division III. Clarkson and St. Lawrence did indeed have regular football games before Clarkson shuttered its program. SUNY Canton briefly had an NAIA football team from 1995 through 2003 and was led by head coach Lou Saban most of that time before SUNY Canton shuttered the program as they moved their sports to Division III. Lou Saban was a distant cousin of one Nick Saban. His coaching history ranged from being a head coach of the Patriots to being one of UCF's first head coaches and his coaching tree includes such people as Marty Schottenheimer, Tony Dungy, Herm Edwards, Bill Cowher, Mike McCarthy, and more.
This weekend was the weekend opener for Division III Liberty League conference play. The Liberty League has seven members, all in New York: Buffalo State College (not to be confused for SUNY Buffalo which is a member of the MAC in the FBS - the two schools are only separated by nine miles), Hobart and William Smith, Ithaca College, University of Rochester, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, St. Lawrence University, and Union College (not to be confused for other Division III powerhouse Mount
Union). The conference plays a full round robin once conference play begins in early October. This weekend, Buffalo State sat out while RPI hosted Rochester, Union hosted Hobart, and St. Lawrence hosted Ithaca.
St. Lawrence and Ithaca have a long football history dating back to 1931 which spanned several conference realignments and shake-ups. Coming into Saturday's game, the Bombers led the series 31-6 with an active win streak of 24 games over the Saints. The last time the Saints beat the Bombers was in 1983.
St. Lawrence entered Saturday's game at 2-2 with a dominating loss to Utica and a close, tough loss to Norwich to start the season but rebounded with a two-game winning streak over Morrisville State and Hartwick College. #11 ranked Ithaca entered Saturday's game at 3-0 with dominant wins over Saint Vincent and Alfred and a close victory over St. John Fisher. Prior to Saturday's game, St. Lawrence averaged 58 yards rushing per game and 330 yards passing per game, whereas Ithaca averaged 101 yards rushing per game and 320 yards passing per game.
St. Lawrence's starting QB Tyler Grochot is a sophomore out of Ottawa, Ontario, and played in eight games as a freshman. His style is more of a pro style QB which is reflected in his rushing stats for the year (-41). The Saints' backup QB Aaron Ruthman is a junior and has had game experience in all three years. His style is best suited to an RPO offense as he is a true dual threat QB. Ithaca's starting QB Joe Germinerio is a transfer from SUNY Brockport. Germinerio had a 31-5 record at SUNY Brockport with back-to-back Empire 8 conference championships and helped lead the team to the Division III semifinals in 2017 before transferring. His passing motion is quite atypical as he often throws sidearm passes, and he is quite effective while passing on the run. The Bombers' backup QB Wahid Nabi was the presumptive starter having started the prior two seasons before Germinerio transferred and won the starting position in the off season.
Ithaca Bombers @ St. Lawrence Saints
It was a rare beautiful day in the North Country on Saturday with few clouds in the sky, little-to-no wind, and a beautiful 54°F at kickoff. The clear skies were a great backdrop for the entrance of Leckonby Stadium.
Despite the clear and shiny weather, the game began on a somber note for the Saints family. A portrait had been unveiled for the family of the now-deceased Garrett Dunsmoor, former member of the Saints lacrosse and football teams. Garrett had tragically passed away on a European trip in 2018 when he fell from a bridge.
Ithaca won the coin toss and chose to defer to the second half. The Saints started the game with a bit of a trick play on special teams with a handoff on the return, but the Bombers were not fooled, and the player was run out of bounds at the Saints' 20 yard line. On the first few plays of the game, the Saints looked confident, poised, and unwavering. The Saints came out slinging and their fans were hooked in. The Bombers looked slightly overwhelmed as the Saints got their first first down with ease, forcing the Bombers to take a timeout to regroup. Cowbells were clanging and the Saints were clicking. Saints QB Grochot was on the money their first drive and marched down the field with ease. A perfect pass by Grochot and perfect catch by WR Andrew Murphy kept the drive alive, and the Saints would cap the drive off with a successful touchdown. The point after attempt was no-good to make it 6-0—this was only the start of the woes for the Saints.
The Bombers roared back with a well-placed jump ball from QB Germinerio that resulted in a Bombers touchdown. The Bombers had a delay of game penalty on their own point after attempt, but it would be good, bringing the score to 7-6. The Saints' offense stalled in their second drive after a deflected pass (overheard in the press box: "send that ball to the CTE protocol because it just got SMACKED"). Feeling confident, the Saints would attempt a fourth down conversion in Bombers territory but would be unsuccessful. The Bombers had a rare miscue on the next drive and coughed up the ball to the Saints, giving them a shot at redemption for the previous drive.
Saints QB Grochot's mental mistakes would start to pile up on this drive. Instead of capitalizing on the Bombers' turnover, Grochot would throw an interception—the first of many on the day. At this point, the Bombers started to toy with the speed of their offense. The play after the interception, their offense was immediately lined up whereas the Saints were still getting set. Bombers QB Germinerio would attempt a fake handoff in the confusion and instead throw a deep ball to the left sideline for a completion. A crucial third down came up for the Saints defense and a low rumble turning into a loud blare emerged from the crowd below as they stomped their feet with a train horn over the PA. The Saints defense held the Bombers to a field goal, making it 10-6 in favor of the Bombers.
The Saints would punt after two incompletions as the mental mistakes from QB Grochot would begin to pile up. The Bombers again snapped the ball before the Saints defense was set, demonstrating their offensive cohesion and speed. The Saints defense would nearly intercept a rare misplaced pass by QB Germinerio, but it would hit the ground. Germinerio would run it in on a QB keeper to put the Bombers up 17-6. The Bombers would not look back.
Saints QB Grochot's would be unable to shake the mental mistakes the Saints' next drive as he would have a pass deflected and nearly intercepted and would false start when losing his balance after an extended hard count while attempting to draw the defense offsides. The Bombers would get their second interception of the day with a short field. A quick snap and QB keeper later and the Bombers would be in the redzone and come away with a touchdown, going up 24-6 partway through the second quarter.
On the subsequent drive, the Saints would get a break on a defensive pass interference by the Bombers on a deep ball, but the drive would end with a third Bombers interception on the day. The Bombers would score quickly after the interception as their 6'3" WR Will Gladney would hurdle a Saints defender to run it in for a touchdown to extend the Bombers' lead to 30-6.
Saints QB Grochot looked to regain some composure on the next drive but made a fatal mistake of throwing the pass well beyond the line of scrimmage on third down instead of tucking the ball and running resulting in a loss of down and forcing the Saints to punt it away. The Bombers would score again on their next drive to go up 38-6. On the next drive, the Saints would fumble and recover at their own 35 and the Bombers would come away with a pick six to go up 45-6 at the end of the half.
In the first half alone, the Bombers ran over 55 plays. Ithaca received the ball to start the second half and kept QB Germinerio in for the first drive which would end in a touchdown as he marched the Bombers down the field with ease, extending their lead to 52-6. Germinerio would exit the game with 306 passing and 47 rushing yards on the day in only one half and a drive of play time. Saints QB Tyler Grochot would get another drive before being sat for the game as it ends without a score. He would finish the day with
four interceptions, all of which were either ill-advised throws into double coverage or the consequence of staring down a receiver. Grochot could often be found scanning the field before making his passes, but on the few passes where he stared down the receiver, the Bombers capitalized.
In the second half, the Bombers would alternate backup QB Nabi with Wthird string QB Dominick Pfisterer to give both playing time. Nabi would show off his special teams skills with a quick kick on a fourth down play. After pulling starting QB Germinerio, the Bombers would pull back on the tempo and played out the clock. In stark contrast with the first half which saw over 55 offensive plays by the Bombers, the Bombers had about 10 plays in the third quarter.
The Saints backup QB Ruthman would breathe new life into their offense as it was finally again able to move down the field with his evasiveness in the pocket and ability to throw on the run. Ruthman was able to throw into tight corners, but the Bombers defense denied a few big plays with their big-bodied secondary. Despite being able to move the ball again, the lead was insurmountable for the Saints offense, especially as the Bombers were content to run out the clock.
The game had gotten into the players' heads at one point and a small skirmish had occurred, but tensions had eased shortly thereafter. The game was mostly injury-free, save for one Bomber player who was unfortunately injured in the final minutes of the game. The player was able to walk off on his own power.
The game ended 59-20 in favor of the Bombers. Despite a lack of breaks in game play that are common in Division I football and effectively continuous gameplay (except at halftime), the game nearly reached the three hour mark as a direct result of the fast striking Bombers offense. St. Lawrence fans stayed through to the end and supported the players on the game as they left the stadium, some asking for photographs with the players, others simply talking to them. Ultimately, the Saints defense couldn't stop a Germinerio-led Bombers, but in light of their offensive woes, they performed as well as could have been asked.
The Saints are now 2-3 and preparing for their match against a 4-0 Union. If starting QB Grochot can rebound from this last game, the Saints should be poised to have a solid season. If Grochot cannot rebound, backup QB Ruthman will have to take the mantle and salvage the Saints' season. The Bombers are now 4-0, ranked #10, and looking to keep their win streak alive against an 0-4 Buffalo State. The Bombers will be looking to secure one of the 32 spots in the Division III playoffs—playoffs that have been dominated by Mary Hardin-Baylor, Mount Union, Wisconsin-Whitewater, and St. Thomas (MN) in recent years. They last won in 1991 and have claim to three wins in program history on seven championship visits. Here's an album with some images taken from the game.
submitted by SometimesY
to CFB [link] [comments]
2019.10.07 02:38 HankSaucington Race Report - Twin Cities Marathon (My First Marathon)
|Goal ||Completed? |
|3:05 ||No |
|3:07 ||No |
|3:10 ||Yes |
26.2 7:17 pace
I don't have a distance running background. I played sports growing up and soccer in high school. Around my mid-20s I kind of got out of that, and got in fairly bad shape in my late 20s as I ate and drank too much, worked too much, didn't exercise, and didn't sleep well. I realized I needed to get my shit together, and cleaned up a lot of that, but still didn't get into running again until 2016 when I set a goal to run the Central Waters River Run that year. It was just a 5 miler, and pure couch to 5k sort of stuff, though I didn't use any real training plan for it. In winter in Wisconsin, which is when I plan most of my running planning, I decided to sign up for a half-marathon. I used one of the Hal Higdon novice training plans and finished 1:54. I didn't immediately get hooked, but a good training run in the fall that year I decided I could qualify for Boston if I really wanted to put in the work. So I've been on that path since. I ran half-marathons of 1:30:xx and 1:28:23 this year, and today was my first marathon.
Last year I picked up a couple of injuries just winging it, mainly from running too fast and not having any structure to my workouts. So last winter I bought Advanced Marathoning and this year I used the Pfitz 18/55 plan. It went pretty well, and I was able to do the mileage and tougher workouts without any hint of injury. I got quite a bit faster over the course of the year so I was adjusting paces some, but usually was able to handle them well. I probably do my easy runs on a bit of the quicker side for my pace (as Daniels and Pfitz have in their charts), about 8-8:40.
I got sick about 12 days before the race, but mostly rallied and I don't think it affected my race in any meaningful way. My wife and I drove up from Madison to the Twin Cities on Friday night. Hung out with friends that day and the next, but mostly laying low. I had a good night's sleep 2 nights before because my wife's 10K race was canceled for lightning, so we slept in. My race, I had a good night's sleep until 4:20, but couldn't get back to bed after that. Still, I felt decently refreshed. Breakfast was a whole wheat bagel and a banana.
I immediately got in a bit of trouble because I rely on my watch a fair amount for pacing, and the first mile got screwed up due to the buildings/GPS. It cut the mile short by about .15-.2, so my first mile here is somewhat a guesstimate based on my 5k chip time. This made me not trust it for a while and I was just using the clocks. I started with the 3:10 pacer and cut him loose around 2.5 miles in. I did put in a couple of miles that were definitely too fast, which probably came back to bite me later.
Miles 4-10 were pretty easy and a bit of a blur. We went around a bunch of lakes, and my body felt good. The miles were not challenging at all at this point, and I was having to focus to not go faster than a ~7 min/mile pace, which I did not always accomplish.
Miles 11-15 I was starting to get a bit tired, mainly through the hips/core. I figured it was gonna get dicey, knowing that the big hills loomed, but, ultimately I was still able to mostly stay around goal pace, so I did.
Miles 16-19 was basically like the previous miles, just harder. I knew it was gonna be tough at the end, on the hills. There wasn't really a reserve left, it was going to be gutty.
Miles 20-26.2 - I'd heard a lot about these, and that you can't prepare for them. They felt different than I thought. I don't think I was in more pain than the last 3-4 miles of a half marathon, but that could be because my pace went to shit a bit. It was more just heavy legs that wouldn't easily respond to the brain, and mental fatigue. Anyways, mile 20 includes a somewhat tricky, windy hill that ultimately climbs a bridge, and then another small hill before you turn the corner and hit the real stuff. I've heard from many that the Summit climb is very tough (2 miles long, not a ton of elevation but about 150 feet), and it was challenging at that juncture. I was also struggling to figure out exactly how much I had in the tank. There were not a small number of people walking at this point, and I did not want to be one of them. My left hamstring was a bit tight, and my hip flexors were not happy. But after a pretty bad mile of 7:45, I really tried to focus on form, long strides, and not being passed by the damn 3:10 pacer I cut loose 20 miles ago. With a bit over a mile to go I was passed by the 3:10 pacer, but at this point it was a mostly downhill finish and I realized I did have a bit in the tank, at least for a downhill finish, so I tucked in behind him and then with a few minutes left I cut him loose again to "sprint" to the finish. Finished at 3:09:43.
I was greeted by my wife, my friends, and their kids. They were all proud of me. My wife and I then drove down to Forager Brewery in Rochester and I ate a double patty burger and drank a couple of hard earned beers. Then finished the drive home, which included some snoring on my part. Thinking back on it, I probably had more to give at the end, but being my first race of the distance it's harder to be as dialed in on the paces as I am with half-marathons now. Also, looking at the chip data, despite struggling at the end, I ended up passing about 120 people and only being passed by about 15 people in that time, so I could have done worse.
Next year I'm planning to do the Pfitz 18/70, make some tweaks to my year-round nutrition, buy Vaporflys, and run the Indy Marathon with the plan of breaking 3 and ultimately trying to break 2:55 in a couple of years. Already looking forward to it.
Made with a new [race report generator](http://sfdavis.com/racereports/
) created by herumph
submitted by HankSaucington
to AdvancedRunning [link] [comments]
2019.08.16 00:07 WellEndowedDragon C8 Corvette Dealership Tour Schedule, by state. If you want to see the C8 in person, here's your chance!
Credit to ShagVette from corvetteforum.com
for compiling this list.
2020 Corvette C8 Mobile Tour Event Schedule Dates - Listed By State
*** This is an unofficial list - so please call the dealer (before you make the trip), to confirm display date/times, and ensure the event is open to the public, or if you must RSVP.
December 18, 2019 - Mobile Chevrolet, Mobile AL
August (conflicting reports of either 22nd or 27th), 2019 - Van's Chevrolet, Scottsdale AZ
August 24, 2019 - Midway Chevrolet, Phoenix AZ
July 22 & 23, 2019 - Bob Stall Chevrolet, El Cajon CA
July 27 & 28, 2019 - Petersen Automotive Museum’s Zora Duntov Tribute Weekend, Los Angeles CA
July 30, 2019 - Simpson Chevrolet, Irvine CA
August 1 & 2, 2019 - Connell Chevrolet, Orange County CA
August 7, 2019 - Camino Real Chevrolet, Monterey Park CA
August 9, 2019 - Allen Gwynn Chevrolet, Glendale CA
August 12, 2019 - Keyes Chevrolet, Sherman Oaks CA
August 14, 2019 - Rydell Chevrolet, Northridge CA
August 15 & 16, 2019 - Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion, Salinas CA - Laguna Seca display in the paddock
August 16, 2019 - Glendora Chevrolet, Glendora CA
August 19 & 20, 2019 - Rotolo Chevrolet, Fontana CA
August 22, 2019 - Jessup Auto Plaza, Cathedral City CA
September 4, 2019 - Merle Stone Chevrolet Buick GMC, Tulare CA
September 6, 2019 - Boardwalk Chevrolet, Redwood City CA
September 9, 2019 - F.H. Dailey Chevrolet, San Leandro CA
February 1, 2020 – American Chevrolet, Modesto CA
February 4, 2020 – Jimmy Vasser Chevrolet, Napa CA
February 6, 2020 – Platinum Chevrolet, Santa Rosa CA
September 13, 2019 - Daniels Long Chevrolet, Colorado Springs CO
September 16 & 17, 2019 - Ed Bozarth Chevrolet, Denver / Park Meadows / Lone Tree CO
September 19, 2019 - Emich Chevrolet, Lakewood CO
Date not confirmed yet - Ingersoll Auto, Danbury CT
October 17 & 18, 2019 - Don Mealey Chevrolet, Clermont FL
October 19 & 20, 2019 - Bomnin Chevrolet Dadeland, Miami FL
October 22 & 23, 2019 - Stingray Chevrolet, Plant City FL
October 25, 2019 - *** Chevrolet, Bradenton FL
October 28, 2019 - Estero Bay Chevrolet, Estero FL
October 30 & 31, 2019 - Bomnin Chevrolet West Kendall, Miami FL
November 2, 2019 - Wallace Chevrolet, Stuart FL
October 12, 2019 - Petite Le Mans at Road Atlanta, Braselton GA
October 14, 2019 - Rick Hendrick Chevrolet, Duluth GA
September 19-22, 2019 - Corvette Funfest, Effingham IL
October 2019 - Bill Stasek Chevrolet, Wheeling IL **NOTE: invitation only event for previous customers (past or present), have your name on their deposit list, or be a member of their Corvette club.
December 6, 2019 - Uftring Chevrolet, Washington IL
September 18, 2019 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Indianapolis IN
September 25, 2019 - Karl Chevrolet, Ankeny IA
September 22, 2019 - Hendrick Chevrolet, Merriam KS
August 29-31, 2019 - National Corvette Museum, Bowling Green KY
September 19, 2019 - Bachman Chevrolet, Louisville KY
Criswell Chevrolet, Gaithersburg MD - not part of the tour, but has plenty of allocations available
July 27 & 28, 2019 - Concours d’Elegance of America, Plymouth MI
August 17, 2019 - Woodward Dream Cruise, Birmingham MI - Chevy display location.
August 20 & 21, 2019 - Les Stanford Chevrolet, Dearborn MI
August 23, 2019 - George Matick Chevrolet, Redford Charter Twp MI **NOTE: Limited invitation only event, NOT available to the public.
August 24, 2019 - George Matick Chevrolet, Redford Charter Twp MI - Open to the public event from 8:30am-4:00pm
November 21, 2019 - Matt Saxe Chevrolet, Belle Plaine MN
October 12 & 13, 2019 - ELCO Chevrolet, St. Louis / Ballwin MO
August 29, 2019 - Findlay Chevrolet, Las Vegas NV
August 7, 2019 - MacMulkin Chevrolet, Nashua NH
July 26 & 27, 2019 - Kerbeck Corvette, Atlantic City NJ
July 31, 2019 - Bridgewater Chevrolet, Bridgewater Township NJ
August 5, 2019 - Schumacher Chevrolet, Little Falls NJ
August 2, 2019 - Atlantic Chevrolet Cadillac, Long Island / Bay Shore NY
August 9, 2019 - DePaula Chevrolet, Albany NY
August 12, 2019 - DeNooyer Chevrolet, Colonie NY
August 14, 2019 - Bob Johnson Chevrolet, Rochester NY
August 16, 2019 - Van Bortel Chevrolet, Macedon NY
August 18, 2019 - Victor Chevrolet, Victor NY
November 22, 2019 - Millennium Chevrolet, Hempstead NY
November 24, 2019 - New Rochelle Chevrolet, New Rochelle NY
December 10 & 11, 2019 - Joe Basil Chevrolet, Depew NY
September 27, 2019 - Hendrick Chevrolet, Cary NC
September 30, 2019 - Hendrick Chevrolet Buick GMC Cadillac Southpoint, Durham NC
October 2, 2019 - Terry Labonte Chevrolet, Greensboro NC
October 8 & 9, 2019 - Jeff Gordon Chevrolet, Wilmington NC
February 4, 2020 – Everett Chevrolet Buick GMC, Hickory NC
February 7, 2020 - Bill Black Chevrolet Cadillac, Greensboro NC
February 10, 2020 – Marine Chevrolet, Jacksonville NC
February 12, 2020 – South Charlotte Chevrolet, Charlotte NC
September 6, 2019 - Sarchione Chevrolet, Randolph OH
September 9, 2019 - Coughlin Chevrolet, Patascala OH
September 13 & 14, 2019 - McCluskey Chevrolet, Cincinnati OH
September 17, 2019 - Columbia Chevrolet, Cincinnati OH
July 29, 2019 - Fairway Chevrolet, Hazleton PA
August 22-25, 2019 - Corvettes At Carlisle, Carlisle PA
January 20, 2020 - Whitmoyer Chevrolet, Mount Joy PA
October 3-5, 2019 - Audrain’s Newport Concours & Motor Week, Newport RI
October 4 & 5, 2019 - Kevin Whitaker Chevrolet, Greenville SC
October 23 & 24, 2019 - Peters Chevrolet, Longview TX
October 26, 2019 - Classic Chevrolet, Grapevine TX
October 29, 2019 - Ray Huffines Chevrolet, Plano TX
October 31, 2019 - Henna Chevrolet, Austin TX
November 4-5, 2019 - Classic Chevrolet, Sugar Land TX
November 7, 2019 - Lone Star Chevrolet, Houston TX
November 9, 2019 - Sterling McCall Chevrolet, Houston TX
November 12, 2019 - Mac Haik Chevrolet, Houston TX
November 14, 2019 - Parkway Chevrolet, Tomball TX
January 6, 2020 - DeMontrond Chevrolet, Texas City TX
January 8 & 9, 2020 - Ron Carter Chevrolet Buick GMC Autoland, Alvin TX
January 13, 2020 - Jim Hoffpauir Chevrolet Cadillac and Buick, Lampasas TX
January 15, 2020 - SouthWest Chevrolet, Kaufman TX
January 17, 2020 - Lakeside Chevrolet Company, Rockwall TX
January 24 & 25, 2020 - All American Chevrolet of Midland, Midland TX
September 23, 2019 - Rick Hendrick Chevrolet, Norfolk VA
February 10, 2020 - McCurley Integrity Chevrolet Cadillac, Pasco WA
August 2-4, 2019 - Road America, Plymouth WI - Chevrolet Motorsports display in the paddock
September 30, 2019 - EVS/Eric von Schledorn Chevrolet, Saukville WI
*** This is an unofficial list - so please call the dealer (before you make the trip), to confirm display date/times, and ensure the event is open to the public, or if you must RSVP.
submitted by WellEndowedDragon
to Corvette [link] [comments]
2019.06.24 20:28 nfl 2019 NFL Training Camp reporting dates and locations: All 32 teams
Here's a full chart of 2019 training camp reporting dates and locations:
|Team ||Site ||Location ||Rookies ||Veterans |
|Arizona ||State Farm Stadium ||Glendale, AZ ||7/17 ||7/24 |
|Atlanta ||Atlanta Falcons Training Facility ||Flowery Branch, GA ||7/18 ||7/21 |
|Baltimore ||Under Armour Performance Center ||Owings Mills, MD ||7/17 ||7/24 |
|Buffalo ||St. John Fisher College ||Rochester, NY ||7/22 ||7/24 |
|Carolina ||Wofford College ||Spartanburg, SC ||7/24 ||7/24 |
|Chicago ||Olivet Nazarene University ||Bourbonnais, IL ||7/22 ||7/25 |
|Cincinnati ||Paul Brown Stadium ||Cincinnati, OH ||7/24 ||7/26 |
|Cleveland ||Cleveland Browns Training Complex ||Berea, OH ||7/24 ||7/24 |
|Dallas ||Marriott Residence Inn ||Oxnard, CA ||7/26 ||7/26 |
|Denver ||UCHealth Training Center ||Englewood, CO ||7/17 ||7/17 |
|Detroit ||Detroit Lions Training Facility ||Allen Park, MI ||7/18 ||7/24 |
|Green Bay ||St. Norbert College ||De Pere, WI ||7/22 ||7/24 |
|Houston ||Houston Methodist Training Center ||Houston, TX ||7/21 ||7/24 |
|Indianapolis ||Grand Park ||Westfield, IN ||7/21 ||7/24 |
|Jacksonville ||TIAA Bank Field ||Jacksonville, FL ||7/22 ||7/24 |
|Kansas City ||Missouri Western State University ||St. Joseph, MO ||7/23 ||7/26 |
|L.A. Chargers ||Jack Hammett Sports Complex ||Costa Mesa, CA ||7/24 ||7/24 |
|L.A. Rams ||University of California, Irvine ||Irvine, CA ||7/24 ||7/26 |
|Miami ||Baptist Health Training Facility ||Davie, FL ||7/21 ||7/24 |
|Minnesota ||TCO Performance Center ||Eagan, MN ||7/22 ||7/25 |
|N.Y. Giants ||Quest Diagnostics Training Facility ||East Rutherford, NJ ||7/22 ||7/24 |
|N.Y. Jets ||Atlantic Health Jets Training Center ||Florham Park, NJ ||7/19 ||7/24 |
|New England ||Gillette Stadium ||Foxborough, MA ||7/21 ||7/24 |
|New Orleans ||New Orleans Saints Training Facility ||Metairie, LA ||7/18 ||7/25 |
|Oakland ||Napa Valley Marriott ||Napa, CA ||7/23 ||7/26 |
|Philadelphia ||NovaCare Complex ||Philadelphia, PA ||7/24 ||7/24 |
|Pittsburgh ||Saint Vincent College ||Latrobe, PA ||7/24 ||7/25 |
|San Francisco ||SAP Performance Facility ||Santa Clara, CA ||7/26 ||7/26 |
|Seattle ||Virginia Mason Athletic Center ||Renton, WA ||7/17 ||7/24 |
|Tampa Bay ||AdventHealth Training Center ||Tampa, FL ||7/21 ||7/25 |
|Tennessee ||Saint Thomas Sports Park ||Nashville, TN ||7/22 ||7/25 |
|Washington ||Bon Secours Washington Redskins Training Center ||Richmond, VA ||7/24 ||7/24 |
First official practices of training camp for each club are generally held the day after the veteran reporting date.
submitted by nfl
to nfl [link] [comments]
2019.05.25 02:28 WouldaCouldaJill Dr. Kim or Mayo Opinions?
I've recently found out that my insurance is accepted at two clinics that are close to me. I've made contact with both of them. I have consultations set up for June at the Mayo in Rochester, MN, and I just received a return phone call from Dr. Nicholas Kim's coordinator at the University of Minnesota. They need me to get my letters before they'll even set up consultation appointments. Fair enough. I'm getting on that on Monday.
I would love to hear from people that have seen either Dr. Kim or the surgery team at the Mayo. I can't find much of anything about Dr. Kim other than the one person I know that saw him a couple of months ago. I'm wondering what others think of his methods, well, both of them. I understand that the Mayo uses Dr. Brassard's techniques, but I honestly don't know much about his.
For those that have seen either of these doctors or teams, what did you think of your results? If it's been a while, how is your sensation? What do you think of your aesthetics? Depth?
I really want to avoid leaving the country for any length of time and I'm really worried about food when it comes to Thailand. I'm a picky eater and allergic to seafood. I once dreamed of seeing Dr. Suporn and even had a date set up with him in 2004 but had to back out for personal reasons. Now I think his technique is out of the question for me as my orchi was in 2004 and there ain't much skin left, not that there was much, to begin with.
I would love to be able to view some anonymous results, good and bad, if they exist anywhere as I'm sure the photos any surgeon will show me will be his very best results. Gah. I feel skeezy even writing any of that.
I'm totally aware that in most cases the most common reviews tend to be from unsatisfied clients and that many that are happy never end up posting. I'd still love to hear people's thoughts.
Thank you! :)
submitted by WouldaCouldaJill
to Transgender_Surgeries [link] [comments]